V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
the least you could do is throw yourself a plug and say the taillights are dim...

you also forgot to mention the lack of a sidestand cutout switch :D

Reactions: Bigmo5855

·
Restless
1,672 Posts
For shame! You forgot to mention no clutch safety switch either! :D

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
timbo said:
For shame! You forgot to mention no clutch safety switch either! :D
Or kickstand.

Sorry, Jiffy stand.

·
Retired
1,832 Posts
My bike does all that,but is luxury compared to what I used to ride back in the 70s. It still amazes me that I just have to push a little button to start this bike,and the thing will go 80mph all day with the only worry is keeping gas in it. :chopper:
But then I don't do bike nights,bar hoppin',group riding,ice cream runs,etc..I just ride for me and happy with that.

·
natural-born world-shaker
2,978 Posts
A buddy of mine wanted to buy a bike at the same time I was looking. I had him convinced to buy a Harley. He went with me when I bought my King and damned near fainted when he saw the price. I went with him the next day and he bought a Honda V twin. About a week later, we're standing outside our favorite watering hole looking at his bike after he added crash bars. My bike's twenty feet away. Two pretty young things walked up and said, "Nice bike. Is it a Harley?" He said, "Nope, it's a Honda. That one over there's a Harley, though." It was like he and the Honda weren't even there; they walked over to mine, looked back and asked if I'd take them for a ride. He shook his head, looked at me and said, "I know, I know, I'm a dumbass."

Like I tried to tell him - Catchin' womens is a lot like catchin' fish. If ya ain't got a whole lot of bait to work with, it's all in the presentation. :yes:

·
Registered
935 Posts
MegaGlide said:
I've said it before.
The only thing Harleys are better at than other bikes is being a Harley.
I dunno, I think the Yama-Harley has them beat :D

·
Springer
556 Posts
I got my 1st Harley last year, what the fu(k are you guys talking about? It rides like a dream.

·
Highly Seasoned Rider!
4,884 Posts
tomv said:
the least you could do is throw yourself a plug and say the taillights are dim...

you also forgot to mention the lack of a sidestand cutout switch :D

See....not only do you now agree with me, but you are prostelyzing!

:)

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
I like noisy, I'm working on the popping as soon as I get a good map set up, and my Road King handles like a dream. :D

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
newultraclassic said:
See....not only do you now agree with me, but you are prostelyzing!

:)
points for obscure word usage...proselytizing maybe?

very liberal of you... :duh?:

·
Springer
556 Posts
tomv said:
points for obscure word usage...proselytizing maybe?

very liberal of you... :duh?:
Sounds medical

·
ovanay elinquentday
2,021 Posts
I didn't know Harley sold motorcycles! I thought it was just a starter kit to hang accessories on?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
thedog said:
Like I tried to tell him - Catchin' womens is a lot like catchin' fish. If ya ain't got a whole lot of bait to work with, it's all in the presentation. :yes:
I dunno, I asked a chick if she wanted to go for a ride on my KnuckleHandle the other day and I got slapped :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts