V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to see this thread become useful (a good tool) for everybody that's for a bike. A guy (wyodude) here in this forum came up with the idea and then ran it through the big Boss Man, (dprice)

Wyodude posted the following to dprice, "it occurs to me that a number of forum members are currently in the market for a new ride or may be at some point in the future. Many forum members also visit their local dealer routinely. Therefore, how about a forum where members could post two or three of the bikes currently available (maybe price?) at their dealer?"

The boss man said, "Hey Wyo, Start a thread in the General Discussion forum, I think this will go over well!!! Don't think a forum dedicated to this subject is really needed. Sure will help out alot of members looking for scoots."

I agree and think it's a a great idea, so let's get it started.

What bikes are available at your dealership?

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
At Rockville Harely Davdison, everything is spoken for, EXCEPT for....

Two 2002 V-Rods
and possible 2003 Sportsters...

Nothing at Fredrick Harely Davidson, (kinda weird up there)...

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm beginning to think this idea isn't gona go over that well. I was thinking like the Boss Man -- it would some people out.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Give it a chance! You know that there are 5 people for at least every one post!

I think's it's a good ideal!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I think its a great idea. As of a week ago, or so, Glendale Harley had a Red RC with laced wheels and security. I think this one 20k or so, so assume other options (I bought my classic there a few weeks ago at msrp).

greg

·
Registered
119 Posts
Problem is in michigan if you want msrp there are none available, however if you are willing to pay a couple (up to 5 grand) over invoice then you can find new bikes. I have delt with 6 different HD Dealers in the metro detroit area and have found the best deals from motor city harley in Farmington and rayC's in lapeer.

·
Just Like to Ride
3,242 Posts
H-D of Clayon County - Morrow, GA - seems to have already sold their allocated stock of 2003(so far). But I was told they could put me on list and order me something. But they wanted $21,500 for 2003 FLHRCI(around $17,500 list). :eek: They do have a some used bikes on floor - couple of Road Kings, Fat Boy, and FLHTCUI. I'll check the other locals soon and post what I find.
Earl Small's - Marietta, GA
H-D of Atlanta - Lilburn, GA
Killer Creek - Roswell, GA - 08/06/02 - They have some 2003's on floor but $4-5K over list. Lots of used stuff also but it is kind of pricey also.
Stone Mountain - Stone Mountain, GA

·
Registered
31 Posts
i was in savannah, ga last week & stopped by the dealer there. they had several v-rods for 17995 , a new dyna wide glide for 18300, a road glide for 16900 if i remember correctly--these prices sure beat the prices on new bikes in tampa!!

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for reponding off line -- I called them -- wide glide is gone, but thanks for the post.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I know here in Northern CA, Oakland, the dealer here has 'em coming in and going out. My local HD here doesn't pre order for customers. All bikes go on the floor and its first come first serve. Last week I saw two 03 1200 sportsters (gunmetal), one black 03 Road King, two gunmetal 03 low riders, one black 03 wideglide, and an 03 black Fatboy. Not sure what's sold, but the catch here is that the bike are 2 - 4 grand over msrp.

So, if you want one bad enough, and are willing to pay, you can find 'em here in Northern CA.
And just a side note, they have at least five 02 Vrods left at msrp. Not movin' like they first were.. They were selling the Vrods six months ago for 2 - 4 grand over msrp.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
4nic8 said:
Problem is in michigan if you want msrp there are none available, however if you are willing to pay a couple (up to 5 grand) over invoice then you can find new bikes. I have delt with 6 different HD Dealers in the metro detroit area and have found the best deals from motor city harley in Farmington and rayC's in lapeer.
That would suck as I paid 5 grand for the options on my MSRP FatBoy. Takes away all the fun :(

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
I just visited the Barnett HD website in El Paso, Tx. Lots of '02 models with little or no miles. Just about anything you might want.
www.barnetthd.com

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
4nic8 said:
Detroit Harley (not actually in city of detroit) on Van **** sells at MSRP...I think they even are still taking 2003 orders....

I bought my '02 there off the floor at MSRP....have you tried them???

·
Registered
119 Posts
Nope havent checked them yet, I'll give em a call see if they can get the Rod in sooner then the one I have on order with Ray C's.

Thanks for the info Logical.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Youngstown H-D

I live close to the Ohio line and so I'm always checking out shops in
Ohio.Youngstown & Steubenville have good shops and usually have
bikes on the floor.Youngstown H-D has no waiting list as everything
is on a first come,first serve basis.
Ride Safe
masher:cool:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Went to Detroit Harley as suggested by logical, I dunno the deal you got Logical but he does NOT sell at List, told me price on the V-Rod was 22k and change, asked if that included any extras he said no, told him I must have been given mistaken information because I was told he sold at list, he laughed and and then moved on to the next guy rather then answering. O well like i said if your looking for a dealer in the metro detroit area who sells at list then look at Motor City Harley in Farmington Hills or Ray C's in Lapeer.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I know here in Kansas City, They are nuts with their 03 Prices.

RK Classics are 23,500 plus frieght and set up in Vivid Black !!

I paid 18,490 for my 03 RK Classic but had to travel 600 miles to pick it up back in end of 02'

I paid $1000 over but was still worth it to me not to get raped here in my home area. I saved $5000 by taking a little road trip to buy out of my area.

Keep looking for bikes cause I know for a fact that they are out there at msrp or $1000 over. The dealer I got mine from said he's got three unclaimed bikes right now for sale at same.

If anyone knows of a dealer with a Road King Firefighter Edition for sale ( brand new at dealer only ) let me know cause I work with a guy who wants one and he is a firefighter also. I have one ordered that I am not going to buy but it won't be in til Sept. 03 and he could just snag that one but he would rather not wait.

Send email to [email protected] if you know of one somewhere sitting & waiting for a new home.

Tom

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Indy has 03 Sportster coming out of their.....ears. Most of them are gunmetal anniversary color. They usually have a VRod or two, a Wide Glide and a FatBoy. They only carry 03's now. The southside store has some 2002's and some used but quite a few of the same as the Indy store.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I bought my slightly used 2k2 end of January at Dales in Evansville IN. Dales is a MSRP dealer and everyone treated me like a king, even before I got real serious. Don't know what they have on the floor now but it's worth a call. I drove 3 hours one way twice to get my "new" Harley.
They had quite a few bikes a month ago.

Steve

1 - 20 of 60 Posts