V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's going? Who was at the 95th? I've never been to a bike event and I am thinking of trying to make the HD celebration since it is close to Chicago. If you have attended the 95th and have been to Sturgis how do they compare?

Here is a link some photo's I found of the 95th anniversary. Looks pretty cool. 95th Anniversary Photos

·
Registered
366 Posts
A general consensus is Sturgis happens all the time the 100th party is a one time deal, In doubt the HD party will effect Sturgis, I can't find a room anywhere "near" Sturgis, They arn't even at the same time. You can read alot more at www.sturgisrallynews.com

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Look further down, DP set up a 100th board.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Milwaukee vs Sturgis is 2 different animals. Milwaukee has hosted a party for the last couple of years. It is like attending World Series game there is lots to do, some neat entertainment and the main game itself HD in all it's corporate glory.

Sturgis is not the same, while it is really tame compared to the past , it too is mainly large sums of people riding the area which is beautifal and it all caters to the riding crowd period.

Can't really compare the two, but since you ARE in Chicago and it is the 100th you need to go. You will enjoy it.

As for rooms in Sturgis; there are still rooms available, just get a list off the internet and start calling, I found lots of vacancies in Rapid City

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
highrider said:
there is lots to do, some neat entertainment
What exactly is there to do? Is it just food and bands? I guess you can't drink alcohol if you plan on riding your bike so it takes a lot to entertain me.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Hogtales lists all the shite that will happen at the 100th. Got my issue last week.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Slap, Slap, Ouch......Either you guys are good friends or you better go to your prospective corners!
Smokey, You are right!! Don't drink and ride. You are already in Il. so it's only a day ride for ya anyway. Go for the experience. Ride safe!

Highrider, Obviously you've been there, done it. Don't know what put the twist in your skivies but.....We all go for the experience!!:cool:

Both of you.... At the Bell.... Come out RIDIN':D :D
Rubber side down!

·
Riding yr rnd in sunny FL
309 Posts
I guess you can't drink alcohol if you plan on riding your bike

·
Registered
33 Posts
Greetings from Detroit.
I will be attending the 100TH Birthday Bash.
Me and a group of friends are leaving Detroit Saturday moring bright and early. Have a place to stay just outside Milwaukee and will be camping.
Planning on returning on Monday.

Not looking foward to the Chicago traffic but as stated in a pervious post , it only happens one time ,

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
highrider said:
It takes a lot to entertain you? WHY DON'T YOU STAY HOME AND CUT THE GRASS. THAT SHOULD ENTERTAIN YOU SMART GUY
That's a possibility. So far I haven't heard any reason to go. Looking at Harley's get's boring real quick. I asked a legitimate question and you respond with a smart ass remark. Bravo!

·
Registered
552 Posts
I couldn't resist, ya loaded the gun and I simply pulled the trigger heh heh
being only a short distance away, whats the cost for an afternoon?

And if not looking at HDs and all the trappings ( women, women and more women)
I don't think I can resist not taking a shot. I mean come on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts