1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Outsider
1,339 Posts
October 2010...

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Seen them before - I am sure there is some truth to the engineering advantages with Victory's motor vs. HD's, but the videos come off as bashing to me.

·
Outsider
1,339 Posts
Seen them before - I am sure there is some truth to the engineering advantages with Victory's motor vs. HD's, but the videos come off as bashing to me.
I sorta feel sorry for Roger...

·
Registered
68 Posts
I wish he had the V-Rod motor on the bench too. I'm still lookin at V-Rods.

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
I Love video number 5.

If that was a HD or Goldwing, he says you better call two buddies to help you pick it up if you drop it.

I guess this idiot has never watched "ride like a pro", or had anyone explain the right way to pick up a bike..

Of course the vids are gonna prop up Vics. Look who's making em. If it was worth HD's time, or Hondas, Yamaha, or any other brand, they could make a video to tell why they do things the way they do them as well.

The best way to tell me how great your bike is would be to just tell me how great your bike is, not brand bash.

All these vids do, two years ago and now, is make me love what I ride even more. I don't need some suit in jeans telling me what to buy. And I can get on and off my bike the same way he does that vision in Vid 5.

Freaking insulting is what that one is. lol

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
I lasted for the first minute of the first video. Blah blah blah...

Bowtie you're right on target with what you said. Obviously we are not getting an UNbiased opinion there...and obviously Victory has some improvements over Harley design. Of course Vic will always bash HD...that's their main competition and who they want to be when they grow up. I've got nothing against Vic's...just rather have my Harley. I'd also rather be in my 65 chevy than my 05 chevy. "Latest and Greatest" ain't for everyone! :)

·
HATER OF THE GRAVEL!!!!!!
5,761 Posts
Repost.......been done before.....

·
Outsider
1,339 Posts
Something not touched on is the difference in rotational firing sequence...

The HD fires both cylinders on one crankshaft revolution, then there's more than a whole revolution (405 degrees) where neither fires. This is responsible for that HD signature sound.

The Victory engine fires one cylinder every crankshaft revolution. So, although both are single-pin cranks, the two engines have completely different firing sequences.

·
Outsider
1,339 Posts
One more thing... these vids were not put up by Victory corporate, they are by the 'Arizona Victory' dealership. That guy, Mike Shultz, is the biggest dealer for Victory Police motorcycles and he's kind of a big mouth Victory cheerleader.

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
One more thing... these vids were not put up by Victory corporate, they are by the 'Arizona Victory' dealership. That guy, Mike Shultz, is the biggest dealer for Victory Police motorcycles and he's kind of a big mouth Victory cheerleader.
Well, a cheerleader for any motorcyle shouldn't say anything foolish like "if you want to pick up your goldwing, HD, or any other touring bike, better get two of your buds to help".

That just makes him sound like a fool. You can pick up any bike using the "ride like a pro" technique.

As I said, watch video 5. I can go out in my garage and do any of that right now with my Road Glide, even with three hand surgeries in the last year.

The guys just comes off like a loud mouth, period.

I love all bikes, really do. I've had Kawasakis, Suzukis, Yamahas, HD's, and loved em all.

I think that Vic makes good bikes too. But I say again, tell me what is great about your producet, don't bash others to make your point.

It shows weakness, in your product, and your character.

And by "your", I mean his, not yours!:)

·
Outsider
1,339 Posts
Well, a cheerleader for any motorcyle shouldn't say anything foolish
I wasn't defending the guy, I think he's a tool. Those vids would have been a good opportunity to compare the engines in a very matter-of-fact "hey, it is what it is" way... there was no need for the snide comments.

The Victory version of a comparison uses Yamaha and HD, but only briefly.

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
I'm not talking about the powerplant comparisons, they are what they are.

Again, I'm specifically talking about the complete fool he makes of himself in video 5. lol

But yes, he is a tool. HD motors are what they are. But after riding several vics, I want to know where that 20-25 HP is. They have a bit more punch, but not enough to make me buy 97 HP.

And even the magazines that compare the bikes say that. Vic does produce more power, but it sure doesn't seem to be the amount they claim.

They make a nice bike, market that. Any time part of your sales pitch is bringing up other brands, you're already losing.

It should be plenty to say that they are "The new American Motorcyle".

That says it all.:beer:

·
Registered
180 Posts
I did enjoy the videos but you must view them as a marketing tool. Victorys have their own little issues with rocker arms and the entire engine needs to be removed to replace the inside set.

·
Registered
68 Posts

·
Outsider
1,339 Posts
HD motors are what they are. But after riding several vics, I want to know where that 20-25 HP is. They have a bit more punch, but not enough to make me buy 97 HP.
The claim is at the crankshaft, not the rear tire. At the rear tire the new Vic 106 makes around 82 horses.

·
Swamprat Rider
757 Posts
Interesting but will keep what I got ..

·
Registered
101 Posts
I believe Victory's engine may be better but when the entire bike is compared they both end up pretty even. I still like the looks of a Harley.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts