V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to say those performer plus baffles and getting the idle set back to 800rpm on the twinkie sure does get the idle back to the potato potato sound of my EVOs!!!

I am currently running SANTEE 225`s - straight cut, short, staggered duals...........1-5/8 I.D. pipes and I fit HP Plus baffles, re-tuned the DFO and the sound has to be heard to be appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!

At the lights, nice cammy potato/potato loppy sound
On the throttle, nice, deep, sound
Steady cruise, nice deep, mild sound..............definiteley THE Harley sound.

All the best, Ozzie

·
Renegade
1,234 Posts
Cool sound is nice, but at 800 RPM, your Twinkie is starvin' for oil. It ain't a Pan/Shovel.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
D_T said:
Cool sound is nice, but at 800 RPM, your Twinkie is starvin' for oil. It ain't a Pan/Shovel.
Hi DT, how are you my friend and yes your right there buddy............been a bit overwelmed to have the bike back after so long.............is running much hotter at idle too.

All the best, Ozzie

·
Delinquent
1,780 Posts
Ozzie,

How did you get the idle down??? EFI right??

My hot idle PSI is at 15psi right now, verified with a couple of different gauges.

So I would be interested in lowering it a bit.

·
Vagrant
3,063 Posts
murphdog said:
Sounds good HD-LUX, it loaded quick for me.
Yer pipe's bigger than mine:whistle:, Version DSL, whateryagonnado?
murphdog said:
Now, about that ugly uncovered axle end...:whisper:
Hehehe, OK, it is an eye sore. I haven't yet gone chrome-a-phobic on the nut covers yet. I am torn between the thinking that they suck to take off when you wrench on it verses the fact that the stock nuts just plain suck.

Is this a hijack in the making?!?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
vafatboy said:
Ozzie,

How did you get the idle down??? EFI right??

My hot idle PSI is at 15psi right now, verified with a couple of different gauges.

So I would be interested in lowering it a bit.
Yes EFI, Pretty sure the chief mechanic here did this without telling me............as all the bikes here run low idles........I have the HD Speedo/tacho and it was running 1000 at idle always...........

Just got the bike home and realised at each set of lights on the way back that the idle was at 800 rpm..........sounds like a Harley should..........but as DT correctly states bike does not lubricate below 1000 idle correctly and will eventually cause pre-mature wear or worst case engine failure.

All the best, Ozzie

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
HD-LUX said:
Hehehe, OK, it is an eye sore. I haven't yet gone chrome-a-phobic on the nut covers yet. I am torn between the thinking that they suck to take off when you wrench on it verses the fact that the stock nuts just plain suck.

you'll have to check out my covers on the ride tomorrow...:bleh:

·
Registered
96 Posts
stainless axle

HD-LUX said:

I put an ss axle and tensioners on mine. pic should be attached (if I did it right)

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey guys, I spent the day downloading the Harley V Honda sound to find I already got that one.....................

Does crack me up to hear it though!!!!!!!!!:roflback:

All the best, Ozzie

1 - 16 of 16 Posts