V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
914 Posts
I have it and I think its worth having...Lets say your out somewhere and your bike is just out of your site, the alarm on the bike will chirp if someone budges the bike let alone try to steal it. Good deterent for keeping someone from sitting on your bike when they shouldnt be. The Alarm is LOUD! As loud as a car alarm....:eek:

·
Registered
331 Posts
A local dealer here sells an aftermarket siren AND pager system that hooks up directly to the HD alarm exactly like the optional factory siren, plug and play so to speak. It was roughly $200 for the unit and pager. I have also seen them in catalogs too. I plan on getting this rather than the factory siren, the pager system seems like a great feature. The range seemed quite far as well.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I am biased against car alarms so i doubt i would get a bike alarm.

1) Car alarms seem to malfunction a lot (car won't start, dead battery, etc.)

2)Noone seems to pay attention to them.

These reasons may not be applicable to an aftermarket motorcycle alarm?

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I went ahead and bid and won one off Ebay last night. It is the siren kit. I would like to have the one with the pager set-up as well. I will have to check into that. I play pool at a lot of different bars and was thinking with the siren kit I could hear it inside but now that I think about it alot of the bars are a bit loud. With the pager one it would not matter if I could hear it or not.

Thanks for the info guys

·
Registered
450 Posts
I think the more imortant thing is that the bike won't start if it is fooled with. It can be hauled away though so lock it up with another one and you should be safe.

There are sensitivy settings that allow you to set the nudge factor to real sensitive in case a drunk decides its a good place to sit.

Regards.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Congrat's on winning one! YOu will find the "alarm" with the "audio option" gives ya just that much more security over a bike without one, and sometimes that all it takes for a theft to move onto the next bike and spare yours! :eek:

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Alarm

I added the factory siren to my alarm. It was worth it in my opinion. It is loud. It will keep people from sitting on your ride. It will be heard a long way off. You can adjust the sensitivity.

I think it will keep most low life thiefs away. I know nothing is fool proof but I feel better with it.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I have the factory siren also...but I added a piezo element and very high intensity blue LED to the security circuit.
When the system is active (not tripped) it chirps once every second and emits a blue beam. When tripped, the regular HD siren takes over.
Just another deterrent that implies, "I'm armed and you have no idea what kind of system I am because you've never heard this before."

·
Registered
240 Posts
How about a wiring diagram so others could do the same??

Please..............

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have the factory alarm system. Help me to get a better insurance rate. I would like to hear about the pager if anybody has more information please post. Also Chops I agree with LowFlyer please post the wiring diagram. Thanks

·
Registered
982 Posts
I've heard about the system sold here but only know what they say on their webpage:

http://64.177.14.225/thunder2.html

I'd be interested to know how far the pager really works since it is not tied to any cell system.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I've got the siren - I don't think the alarm's worth much without it.
Chops - I'd be interested in more detail also, sounds like a great idea. How much drain is it on your battery, or does it work off the alarm source?

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
I have the security system with the siren. There is a visual blinking key symbol in the speedometer when they are set. (I don't know if the blinking symbol is from the siren or the basic system.) I think that if a bad guy jars the bike causing the siren to "chirp" or sees the key symbol blinking, it's easier for him to move on to a bike that doesn't have any alarm.

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
...the blinkie light is there with the basic system..........

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
OK, thanks Hogg831, I wasn't sure since I had both installed before I took possession.. So, that gives a visual sign that says "go steal some other bike"!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I have a HD alarm without the noise. I have a beeper instead. Don't want the assholee to know I'm aim-men at him. Stop or I'll shoot again. :D

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
I would rather he just leave it alone. Saves a few trips to civil court!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts