V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone who pillions on a Road King Classic changed the rear crash bars for the slanted down comfort profile rear saddlebag bars. I am 5'3" and just sat on the back of an 08 Classic my hubbys buying and I hit the crashbar getting on and it also sits just inside the back of my knee and I know its going to be a pain when we go touring. Any feedback in regard to anyone using the different bars would be appreciated??? Or maybe we may just have to take them off and put bag supports on instead.

Also we are buying the 08 Classic because our Oct05/06model Road King Custom was written off and it had screamin eagle mufflers on it and wondered if they would fit the new Oct07/08 model Road King Classic. Anyone know definite if we can re-use them on the new bike???Please(They were not damaged apart from a couple scratches)

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Although I ride alone the majority of the time my spouse has complained on extremely long trips that the back her legs on the saddle bag guards are uncomfortable. The floorboards can be adjusted up or down though depending on where they are currently located. I think for optimum comfort for the passenger the slanted bars would be the best for shorter legged passengers. I do have the water bottle attachments which will not fit on those bars but like I say...I ride alone most of the time and longer legs fit the standard bars better than short legs. If you find discomfort on the back of your legs...by all means get the slant bars...they will make all the difference in your comfort.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
My wife is 5'2". My bike started out as an '02 RK Classic. I originally installed the low comfort bars which helped. Eventually I took them off and put the Custom supports on the bike because I think the rear bars look like crap.

Yes, you can use the mufflers from your old bike. Add a SE air cleaner and get the bike remapped.

·
Registered
509 Posts
My wife (who is also 5'2") complained about her legs hurting from the bars, I saw at the local Walmart a seatbelt slip-on. It goes over a car's shoulder belt and is supposed to be more comfortable. Anyway, I got 2 of those and some 1" pipe insulating foam (in the hardware aisle at WM) and cut it to fit. She told me it helped a lot and it was a cheap fix. It (to me) doesn't look any worse than having a drink holder on your bike or the leather covers. That might work for you and as I said it was a cheap fix, less than $10.00.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Comfort Bars

I have been thinking about these myself. The wife is 5' nothing, so I put on the raised floorboard mounts. Not worth the $125. Some improvement, but I wish I had gotten the bars instead. It may require both. Still, cheaper than trading her in. The wife, that is. DK.:hmmm:

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
I would run the slant bars if you have to change to stock. These bars can save you the expense of buying a new bag. The reason so many like the look is because of the popularity of the street glide, which is just a stripped down version of the EG. this represents savings for the Moco. It is a shock to see the MSRP on this bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts