V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New Harley Road Hog?

I at times go to Harleys web site looking around to see if there is anything new, as in bikes or parts. well they have a small flash animation mentioning road hog and check back Feb. 2nd. I'm not sure what it's about, new bike maybe?

·
04 Super Glide Sport
290 Posts
I got it????

Punxsutawney Phil the famous ground hog and, prognostigator of spring, is pulled out of his burrow on February the 2nd (Ground Hog Day movie). If he can see his shadow, spring has arrived. The HD advertisement refers both to spring, seeing his shadow, and Feb 2, sooooo ..... a new Hog is coming out this spring??????

That's the best this old codger can do.:blink:

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
are me and Fastappy the only 2 who's checked it out. I thought people would be all over a new Harley coming out or is this info somewhere else and I missed it.

·
Infrequent Poster
1,662 Posts
I checked it out, but I haven't heard any buzz about a new bike coming out.

Not much for info there so a wait looks to be in order, unless someone here is in the know on what is going to happen and shares with the rest of us....

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
Wasn't the dealer meeting this weekend in Dallas? Maybe we need to do some talkin' to our dealers tomorrow. Wouldn't surprise me for them to announce something new this time of year. Watch 'em roll out a water cooled touring bike that would have some jaws dropping.

·
Highly Seasoned Rider!
4,884 Posts
Road Glider said:
Wasn't the dealer meeting this weekend in Dallas? Maybe we need to do some talkin' to our dealers tomorrow. Wouldn't surprise me for them to announce something new this time of year. Watch 'em roll out a water cooled touring bike that would have some jaws dropping.
You might be right. And if that should happen, watch the prices go up on used air-cooled Harleys....the "real" Harleys.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was thinking with all the fat rear tires on custom and bikes like victory in the market that maybe a fat reat tire on a Harley Hog? just guessing as your water cooled guess is. feb. 2nd is soon enough, your right that maybe the dealers know though. just something to think about, I'm happy with my bike.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I have to agree with brown on this one. 240mm rear tire, 150mm front ala exile cycles. The FatBoy has too much of a following to be completely revamped, but it hasn't been a "FatBoy" in a long time. A bike with the name, RoadHog, can only be what the FatBoy should be in todays custom motorcycle market.

From a marketing standpoint, it wouldn't be a bad idea to put a water cooled system in a new model rather than retro it into existing models and risk the ire of the loyal.

I have every faith, however, that the MoCo will fall just short of a killer scoot.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
I agree with a Fat tire on a Fatboy. I was a bit appalled that the two bikes that released with a 200 rear tire didn't include the Fatboy for the initial 06 models. Only the Screamin Eagle CVO Fatboy came with a 200 series. If any bike should have got that first or even bigger it should have been the Fatboy. I am a loyal Fatboy owner, so I am anxious to see a Fatboy finally be FAT again. :p

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
You guys could be right. What ever the Road Hog is, assuming it is a bike, it would most likely have a fat tire. That just looks like the in thing to do right now. Maybe a fat tire Heritage with stretched tank and apes. It is fun to speculate but as the guy says "those that say they know don't and those that do know won't say" at least until an official announcement.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
If it is a new bike I sure hope it is more then just a different set of do-dads. I am getting kind of tired of seeing the same bike with a different fender and paint job....:yawn:

·
Infrequent Poster
1,662 Posts
FATVETTE said:
If it is a new bike I sure hope it is more then just a different set of do-dads. I am getting kind of tired of seeing the same bike with a different fender and paint job....:yawn:
Amen brother!

Hope they shake up the business with something.

Fat tires, big horsepower..... YAWN, make it something that causes the other players in the industry to wake up in a cold sweat at nights, then you got something!

·
Custom Builder
1,263 Posts
A big-tired,watercooled bagger would be nice.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
dwarthog said:
Hope they shake up the business with something.

Fat tires, big horsepower..... YAWN, make it something that causes the other players in the industry to wake up in a cold sweat at nights, then you got something!
I don't think they can accomplish this and still appease all the special interest pressures along with liability issues however much I agree with you.

·
You're an evildoer.
559 Posts
Event "Road Hog Day"
Date Feb 2, 2006 09:00 am to 06:00 pm
Location Wilwert's Dubuque Location
Wilwert's Harley-Davidson Shop of Galena
Contact Julie Faley
Phone 563-557-8040
Email [email protected]

Will the Road Hog see his shadow? Will spring be here earlier because winter arrived earlier? Hopefully we will be into the riding season in a timely mannor! If the Road Hog rides out onto our floor and sees his shadow, it's only 6 more weeks 'til riding season! Stop in and see what happens...
Google hit... Sounds like a promotion to me.

·
Ridin' & Glidin'
2,116 Posts
Road Glider said:
You guys could be right. What ever the Road Hog is, assuming it is a bike, it would most likely have a fat tire. That just looks like the in thing to do right now. Maybe a fat tire Heritage with stretched tank and apes. It is fun to speculate but as the guy says "those that say they know don't and those that do know won't say" at least until an official announcement.
Just googled "Road Hog" and it is hard to imagine the MoCo would bring out a new bike with a name they can not copyright first.

·
Restless
1,672 Posts
The dealer meeting is this week. Be sure to check the website for new chrome goodies after the meeting concludes. But of course before making any purchase, contact your local dealers Chrome Consultant first.

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
They already use the name Road Hog on a pair of sunglasses, I know I have a pair.

Maybe this is just a set of true dual pipes and mufflers that have the cat so the dealers can avoid the risk related to the epa on pipe replacements on these '06 bikes. Just another guess. You know there are a bunch of dealers sweating it continuing the age old practice of switching out pipes on these '06 bikes when they have the cats in them.

·
Ridin' & Glidin'
2,116 Posts
The term "road hog" is usually associated as a negative.

Fat tired bike with fat pipes and a fat ass-ed rider. Marketing ploy? :hmmm:

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
1 - 20 of 77 Posts