V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a guy that bought a 2005 EG standard last year. Has about 11,000 miles and MOCO is buying back the bike because it's a lemon. They are giving him full purchase price, sales tax, accessories price and finance charges to date. The bike in one year went through 3 stereos, rings in both cylinder, 3 sets of seals in the heads and numerous gaskets in the cases. Hard for me to believe. I have had zero trouble with my 03 FXDL. It's the best bike I've ever owned.
Anyone else have any problems like this.

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Let me think - nope, I don't even know a guy, who knows a guy, that had a friend, that had that happen.

Must be pretty uncommon, but when you build over 300,000 motorcycles a year - I guess you could get a bad one. :hmmm:

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really don't want to mention names or dealerships until the matter is settled. The MOCO has been very helpful to him in the matter. Like I said my FXDL has been a trouble free bike. I would buy another in a minute. It is the best bike I've ever owned. I simply asked if anyone else has heard or experienced any problems.

Tim

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
cs1 said:
I simply asked if anyone else has heard or experienced any problems.

Tim
Hi Tim,

I don't know anyone who has experienced a situation like this personally, but I have read about similar instances on the 'net.

I agree with OldMiC, your buddy simply got a lemon. Sh!t happens. It is actually encouraging that the MoCo is making it right.

wyo

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wyodude said:
Hi Tim,

I don't know anyone who has experienced a situation like this personally, but I have read about similar instances on the 'net.

I agree with OldMiC, your buddy simply got a lemon. Sh!t happens. It is actually encouraging that the MoCo is making it right.

wyo
I agree totally, it happens. Most companies wouldn't make it right. I'm glad to see that the MOCO is fixing the problem. The only downside is he's looking at a BMW. I tried to convince him to give Harley another shot.

Tim

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fourstar said:
Bad idea. If he has another bad experience, you'll never hear the end of it. :unsure:

You're right.

Tim

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OldMiC said:
cs1,

I'd be pissed if I had those problems too. I just hope your friend realizes it can happen with ANY motorcycle manufacturer.
I know he does. He said if he buys another Harley it wouldn't be from the same dealer. His experience with them wasn't very pleasant for warranty work. BTW OldmiC where are you from in OH?

Tim

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
fourstar said:
Bad idea. If he has another bad experience, you'll never hear the end of it. :unsure:

Yea but what are the odds? I would think he had a good experience, with some bad luck as the forward.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts