V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone heard of this helmet? Just bought one from my dealer. Its a black half helmet with a visor and vents. It says Harley Davidson on both sides with orange and silver graphics. The base color is flat black.

Helmet isn't on the HD website. It fits good and is fairly lightweight. Is this a brand new helmet or an old helmet? The salesman at the dealer said they just came in.

I can post pictures if anyone wants to see it.

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Yes, that is a Harley "Spoiler" half helmet with graphics added along the sides of the helmet. That helmet has been out for quite awile now. I have it in plain flat black.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
njyamahauler,

Good helmet? I wore it around the store for about 30 minutes and it seemed very comfortable. Brought it home and went for about an hour ride and so far so good.

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
KY23 said:
njyamahauler,

Good helmet? I wore it around the store for about 30 minutes and it seemed very comfortable. Brought it home and went for about an hour ride and so far so good.
I would say it's a pretty good helmet as far as DOT half helmets are concerned. I've worn it on numerous all day rides with no problems. The vents in the front don't work very well though. You can barely feel any air going through the top of the helmet.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
I've got one of these as well, and it is a nice helmet, but for me it has one flaw...the visor is too small. I wear strong glasses and I have a hard time with the sun in my eyes. So I made up a cardboard pattern for additional visor material that would fit under the current small visor, then cut one out of 1/16 three ply plywood, wet it, molded it to shape under the current visor, clamped it and let it dry, then glued it under the visor with Shoe-Goo. Painted a matte black, it looks like it came with the helmet.

Problem solved!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts