V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had any dealings with discountbiker.com located in Florida.
I am thinking of ordering a load of parts from them but I am in the UK and being cautious I though I would ask you lot if they are good company. Any thoughts good or bad.

·
Registered
266 Posts
If you type this address in on mapquest, it looks like this is in a residential neighborhood. It is not listed with be Better Business Bureau either. I have not had the best of luck with FL companies, their state laws favor the company's rights over the consumers in problem resolution.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Deka said:
I am thinking of ordering a load of parts from them but I am in the UK and being cautious I though I would ask you lot if they are good company. Any thoughts good or bad.
Try Chicago Harley Davidson for parts. All parts, 20% off. I've ordered quite a few things from them with great success, and I love the 20% off deal, and they are a "legit" dealer.

http://www.chicagoharley.com

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Deka said:
I am thinking of ordering a load of parts from them but I am in the UK .
Hey Deka, word of warning.
If you order that 'load of parts' be warned, the Customs & Excise will hit you HARD for import tax!!! :eek:
Unless you get stuff from inside the European Union, it'll be taxed coming into the country and the postie Won't give you your goodies until you pay up.
I've bought a few things from the States and the trick is to get 'whoever' to put on the shipping invoices that the part/parts are used and valued at under $30/£20 ish.
Then ya pay nottin!
The way to get round them is order 1 high value item at a time and say its worth shite.
But you'll pay through the nose for shipping! :rolleyes:

Typical fu(king governments eeh?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hey Deka,
I don't know doodles about the tariffs :p ,
but check out jpcycles.com, out of Iowa, USA.
Great folks (they WILL work with ya).
And very good prices on after-market stuff.
They have a decent tech forum, also.
Ride safe & take care!
bear

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for that guys.

Kags
The problem with our HD dealers is they charge what you guys pay in dollars to make us pay in pounds. This makes a simple set of mufflers in the US 374$ without end caps in the UK they are £375 this translates to 582 US dollars :( . Which is good for u guys but limits what I can get.

I'll have a look at jp cycles and let you know. cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.