V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine has a 2002 jade green FXDL that got knocked over and ended up with a good sized dent in the tank. He's pretty upset about it especially when he found out a new painted tank would cost about a thousand ($1000) bucks. The body shop here said he probably couldn't get a good match using his brand of paint (Dupont).
So my question is: who makes Harley's paint and is it available to the general public? I told him this would be a good time to get that flame job but he aint buying that:whistle:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Paint

Adventure Harley sells factory paint on their website. If they don't have the color you are looking for, I would just give them a call.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Tell him to turn it in to his insurance co.That's what i did and they paid to get me a new painted tank right from harley.You even get to keep the old one.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hd2003 said:
Tell him to turn it in to his insurance co.That's what i did and they paid to get me a new painted tank right from harley.You even get to keep the old one.
Thousand dollar deductable

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Certain stock HD colors are extremely difficult to match. Even if you purchase the stock HD paint in a can from a dealer it may not match once you spray the part.
I can speak from personal experience and from others that with the tough colors to match, and jade green is probably one of them, the closest match will be achieved when you order a new tin painted from HD.

·
Registered
529 Posts
For less than a thousand bucks he should be able to find a painter to paint the whole bike any color he would like,even the same color it is now...If you paint it all it's gota match.:yes:

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wvwayne said:
For less than a thousand bucks he should be able to find a painter to paint the whole bike any color he would like,even the same color it is now...If you paint it all it's gota match.:yes:
He talked to the painter last night so I don't know what he has in mind. But you are right, for a grand you could the whole bike repainted.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts