V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,064 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Spyder's front wheels dont lean. Rode one this summer it was like driving a 4 wheeler or snowmobile. Steered not counter steered. Imagine if I had never rode a bike before then it could have fit the bill. But I am sticking to the one in the garage...

·
Registered
207 Posts
holobach said:
Spyder's front wheels dont lean. Rode one this summer it was like driving a 4 wheeler or snowmobile. Steered not counter steered. Imagine if I had never rode a bike before then it could have fit the bill. But I am sticking to the one in the garage...
That's true the don't lean but they are fun!

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,630 Posts
problem with most three wheel designs is that they don't have the drive tires with the most weight on them. Usually most of the weight they have going to the two wheels which really doesn't help the handling. The best three wheel designs will have most of the weight on the two wheels and have them as the drive wheels.

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
The two wheels forward is a better design, they handle better, but you still need a good center of gravity. Morgan did this years ago, and it is still a lot of fun. If you have ever riden a servi car, you would know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts