V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Hammerhead
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

So yesterday I finally got the XM module for my 2006 Ultra. I had been debating for a while since the vibration of the bike kept messing up Roady's and MyFi radios on the bike. Plus I have always been a little miffed that the audio performance was not as loud when using the Aux cable with XM so I always used the FM modulator.

Anyway, I have to say I am thoroughly impressed with the Harley module. The integration with the controls is nice. Sound output is right on target with all other Audio functions (CD/FM) unlike with the aux cable external option. The signal strength is better than I get in my truck with XM or my wife's Jeep with Sirius.

I know its a huge chunk of change ($500 for the module and another $90 for the wiring). But I figured with everything else I spend money on on the bike it was just comparable to spending the $800 for an exhaust :)

If you are on the fence about this unit because of price and are using one of the handlebar options for your XM, I urge you to take a closer look and consider the Harman Kardon module option. I waited almost 19 months to get mine and with its performance I waited TOO long!

Ride Safe
Hammerhead

·
112 Posts
thanks. I'm wating on my UC to arrive and was considering XM or Sirrius, exterior mount. You answered some of my questions.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I bought a used '06 RG and it already had the XM module added. I only got to use it for a few days as the guy I bought the bike from de-activated it. But for the few days I did get to try it was great. Works with the stock handles bar controls and is easy to use. I will be re-activating it next year when I start doing my long tours.

·
Closet Doof
30 Posts
My 2008 SE ultra came with XM stock. Works great, no complaints.

The stock headset was pretty much crap. I replaced it with J&M and it sounds much better.

·
Hammerhead
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
newnaustin said:
My 2008 SE ultra came with XM stock. Works great, no complaints.

The stock headset was pretty much crap. I replaced it with J&M and it sounds much better.
I agree, I too opted for the J and M headset in a Nolan N102 full face helmet.

Ride Safe
Hammerhead

·
Hammerhead
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
eprenzlow said:
Nice bike. Kinda looks like this one . . .

Thats one nice lookin Ultra - what year?

Ride Safe
Hammerhead

1 - 7 of 7 Posts