V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I started to have strong noise from the front cylinder, I have in plugged the plug and when the piston is in the way down I pushed it with long screwdriver and I see that there is some lose space . I can push the piston down few millimeters.
I assume that I need to dissemble to see ..
any idea what went bad and how to will be greatly appreciate.
Oren

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
wrist pin bushing in the rod wrist pin bosses worn in the piston,,, rod bearing worn,,,,

pull the head and cylinder to see what you have

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
what is it you are asking specifically,, why remove the head and cylinder,,, or how fo remove the head and cylinder.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
do you have a service manual? are you decent with tools? do you have basic hand tools?
be glad to walk you through it,, if you dont but some things people just need some correct pictures..
you will need a torque wrench to put it back together

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks , I have all the tools but it looks like a big work from what I see in the manual. Also not sure how to measure the parts to see what went bad.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
with that much movement. I doubt measuring will be necessary..

it is an easy job,,, xont let the blook scare you,,, it is a straight forward job...
I can have the front cylinder off in under 2 hours,,, on an fxr it is not necessary to remove the tank!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
with that much movement. I doubt measuring will be necessary..

it is an easy job,,, xont let the blook scare you,,, it is a straight forward job...
I can have the front cylinder off in under 2 hours,,, on an fxr it is not necessary to remove the tank!!
Thanks !

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Locate the noise before you tear it down. Hard to say from video, but that does not sound like a piston or rod issue. Cycle is off, too slow.

Exhaust leak or something in the valve train would be my guess.
Thanks , trying to find the noise before but not sure ...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts