V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am new to your forum! I am not currently a Harley owner , but I am considering the purchase of a Fat Boy or possibly going custom. I own a Honda Sabre , which I have done a ton of mods to. I'm just peeking into your forums to get an idea of what I can expect fron a Harley , and I'm hoping to get some direction as to which direction to go , Harley or custom!

Joek86

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Welcome Joek86,
You came to the right place, post up! you'll surely get an answer (even a coupla good opinions)

·
Registered
544 Posts
Welcome to the forum Joek86,

When you say custom are you talking about something like a Mad Dog or Confederate or build your own? In one word about build your own, insurance. They don't like custom home builts, and not only that some motor vehicle departments will give you a hard time over it. Also re-sale isn't as good as an established manufactured bike.

Just my observations, I thought about going that route, with top shelf parts I won't have been able to get any for it once I was finished.

As for H-D's if you are thinking about different models, and then you may consider renting one of each to see if that is something you can live with for a few years. Cheaper than committing to something just to find out you really didn't like it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts