V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone taken a fairing off a dresser and put it on a road king.if so, what all is involved?

·
Registered
580 Posts
I have a fairing from a 78 FLH on my 07 RKC was easy and looks good,I cant see pics here so if ya pm me I will send ya the pics.

·
'04 FLHRPI
330 Posts
I have on '04 RK, and I'm going to buy the 'Dead Centre' Fairing. Looks very easy to put on and take off. One plug goes into the wiring harness to power the stereo. The 'Dead Centre' fairing just has a stereo and 2 speakers - no gauges. You could then add other things like GPS, or leave it as is, if you don't want it too cluttered. The 'Quadzilla' fairing has too many speakers all over the place.

I don't like the regular HD fairing (too many gauges). It would probably be a big job to remove the original faring from an EG and install it onto a RK. I would think there would be lots of wires.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
You would need the wiring harness from an EG . AFter that it should be plug and play. What to do about your tank mounted speedo is another story.

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
Look into the quick detach fairings from Hoppe and SoftBrake. Complete with radio and 4 speakers, primered, somewhere around 1500.00, and you can take it right off just like your RK windshield if you want to.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I had the Dragonfly on my RoadKing, great fit and finish. Color match was top notch. I put my own radio in it.....

·
Registered
371 Posts
lots of guys down my way have done what slowhound mentioned. buying used old shovelhead fairings and making brackets to mount to road kings. they mount where the windshields do. most of them make them detachable. they layback nice and look even better than the new ones in my opinion. some flat black 'em and some color coat to match bike.

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
gpp said:
anyone taken a fairing off a dresser and put it on a road king.if so, what all is involved?
a buddy of mine did it on his 98 rk ill find out the details for you .i know he used just the front part of the fairing and made it in to a quick disconnect it looks great

1 - 10 of 10 Posts