V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your dream recipe to produce the highest output, torque & horsepower with either of the two motors.

Explain why your motor would kick ass in a real shootout.

No drag engines....just good ole plain HD motors heavily modified for street use. List gear combos, pistons, cylinders, heads, etc., etc.

Ok HD wrenches, tinkeres, old salts, motorheads.....who's playing?

BTW, I can't play due to my severe lack of experience in this field, but thought it would be cool and interesting to read from the esteem techs. on this board.

Jimmy T

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
The fellow I twist some wires for sometimes made 278HP at Daytona last year, with an EVO. The bike is ridden on the street. TT style (tavern to tavern)

Personally I take a TC any day of the week in my personal bike, and I'm perfectly happy with about 90TQ.

Guess it depends what you call a street engine.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HIPPO, thanks for the response. That is some pretty serious HP!! Street driven too...Yikes! I like the TT part! LOL

I was thinking a little more on motor detail....engine specifics ie...cams, valve size, timing, carb setup, stuff like that......kinda like a thread started from another board that you, moto, HRK, and some others got involved with. It got real heavy, only a few participants, but extremely interesting. Remember?

Jimmy T

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Sure do. Moto was a good guy to talk these things over with and I think he dropped in here once.

The discussion you mention made a lot more sense because you were shooting at a specific power output, a given riding style and the main use of the bike was defined, as well as the specific model of bike.

Just to satisfy your curiosity, it is a heavily modified 131 Merch with an Aerocharger and a nitrous system. You can adjust the HP with the turn of a dial and a few switches and it was not turned up all the way. It can probably hit 300 if needed, assuming it doesn't blow up first. LOL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts