V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone added these and could tell the good /bad about them..
I know there is some other types out there but these seem to be priced kinda low (In my ballpark). Any feedback would be helpful.....

·
Registered
64 Posts
C-ROD:

I have the HD drag bar. I use it mostly to get the wiring inside the bar. It is slightly lower and have a slightly more forward position. For the price, I have no complain.

The aftermarket bars looks nicer but some require either you cut the clock housing or leave space between the clock housing and the top of the triple clamp.

·
»Charter Member«
280 Posts
Bars look great - real clean! I also really dig your chrome signal relocations:cool: ! Where did you pick those up? I am looking for a style similar to yours with the bars a bit lower and the signals relocated. Looking good! Keep posting the pics!

·
»Charter Member«
280 Posts
Why do I feel like I just got kicked :( again for buying that SuperSport windshield. Heh Heh - - - -

·
Registered
113 Posts
AWDNUT,
Nice setup! I purchased the drag bars and now calling around for a labor quote. How much labor were you charged, or did you do it yourself? Did the lengths of cable/wiring fit okay inside, or did any of them have to be cut? My dealer wants 3 hours for it, plus extra charge if the cables have to be resized.
Thanks!

·
Registered
64 Posts
HD drag bar install

g-rod:

I installed the drag bar myself. Pretty simple 60-90 minutes job. The instruction is very clear and straightforward. The cable length need not to be adjusted. You need to disassemble the connecting terminal (pretty easy but need to keep track of the color/location) to allow for the wire to go inside the bar and then reattach the terminal again (no cutting or splicing required).

HTH,
awdnut

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have the drag bars on mine and I am very pleased - I needed the extra room because of my long (37") arms. Combined with the corbin seat which moves the seat position down and back really enhanced the riding position for me. I may switch to a set of drag bars made by www.turbotec.com - they fit with the standard instrument. I have also been considering a standard set of risers with drag bars and autotech instruments - a large tach and small speedometer. This would be a more costly set up though so I have been slow to move in that direction - the turbotec setup may be the right compromise for me since they would give me the drag bars without the expense of new instruments - my other problem though is that as I modify the gearing using a chain conversion I will have speedometer errors that varies by the gear setup. That not good. But I have been quite pleased with the HD drag bars - quite an improvement over the stock - they also feel a bit wider. Racing and styling is what is driving me towards a more standard drag bar setup.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the INFO, I might go that way. I need something a little wider w/ my drag mirrors its hard to see without leaning to one side or another( broad shoulders)..

·
Registered
913 Posts
kspz3 said:
I have the drag bars on mine and I am very pleased - I needed the extra room because of my long (37") arms. Combined with the corbin seat which moves the seat position down and back really enhanced the riding position for me. I may switch to a set of drag bars made by www.turbotec.com - they fit with the standard instrument. I have also been considering a standard set of risers with drag bars and autotech instruments - a large tach and small speedometer. This would be a more costly set up though so I have been slow to move in that direction - the turbotec setup may be the right compromise for me since they would give me the drag bars without the expense of new instruments - my other problem though is that as I modify the gearing using a chain conversion I will have speedometer errors that varies by the gear setup. That not good. But I have been quite pleased with the HD drag bars - quite an improvement over the stock - they also feel a bit wider. Racing and styling is what is driving me towards a more standard drag bar setup.
Kevin,
You linked to a BMW German parts co. for Turbotech. Here is the correct address.

http://www.turbotecusa.com/VROD.html

John

1 - 14 of 14 Posts