V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard anything about this dealership closing. A buddy of mine saw something on the news last night but now we can't find anything about it on the internet. When you call the phone number it says it has been disconnected.

·
Moneygreen
4,781 Posts
Has anyone heard anything about this dealership closing. A buddy of mine saw something on the news last night but now we can't find anything about it on the internet. When you call the phone number it says it has been disconnected.
I wouldn't be surprised!!!Trenton HD closed down!!! All the dealerships not giving deals will be closing shortly!!!They have too much overhead ,& they are not selling enough bikes to stay afloat!!!

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Harley Davidson of Essex NJ is closed.

Liberty is in good shape so far, Hudson county Harley just closed down recently after a short time.

I miss B&D myself, it was the oldest dealership in the country at the time. This was before the dealerships became boutiques ........ Just sayin.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Harley Davidson of Essex NJ is closed.

Liberty is in good shape so far, Hudson county Harley just closed down recently after a short time.

I miss B&D myself, it was the oldest dealership in the country at the time. This was before the dealerships became boutiques ........ Just sayin.
Oh yes !
B&D on a Saturday morning ,and there chrome exchange department back in 69/70 .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know what happened to these two dealerships? I just came back stateside and was looking forward to getting some parts for my bike.

·
Moneygreen
4,781 Posts
Most likely it's true.Trenton Harley closed it's doors about 2 months ago.Harley came in with a big truck & told them they were done!!!Any dealer whose not selling bikes at MSRP or below will likely close due to poor sales!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I drove by both places today and they are completely gone! The store in Jersey City is being converted to Gold's Gym. What the heck happened?

·
Moneygreen
4,781 Posts
Not selling any bikes!!!Probably way over priced.Doesn't Bloomfiled have a HD dealership??

·
Registered
629 Posts
I visited Hudson County Harley, the only customer there. I picked up some tee-shirts. Guess they are collector's items now.

I once visited Bloomfield HD. My wife knocked over Malcomb Forbes. He was a little shakey.

Trenton - nice place. Picked up some chrome. Now its gone.

Seems like Harley dealerships are laying down faster than a $2 whore.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
The marginal ones that had an attitude that they were doing the customer a favor will die off. The outstanding dealers will survive.

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
The one in Jersey City hasent been there that long. So mabye the atea wasnt right for it. But the one in Bloomfield has been there for a long time! There was an new owner in the last few years havent been there since the take over so really cant even guess what went wrong.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Even the healthy ones are making changes. The owner of two dealerships here in the Milwaukee area got up in front of the HOG chapter earlier this month and announced he was selling one of his dealerships. His rationale was that he wanted to focus more on his original home dealership and that as he aged, he wanted more time with the family. Both certainly good reasons, but you have to wonder if there isn't more going on here.

Like maybe limiting his downside risk?

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Bergen County Harley

Hey Jersey guys, Give Bergen County Harley-Davidson a try. Good guys and a great service center. Check the place out on a Saturday morning, looks like every rider in Jersey is there. They just started selling Big Dog too. First come first served on Saturday. They're on Essex St in Rochelle Park

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
They haven't been in this building forever, it's about 10 years old but I bought a new '83FLH from them when they operated out of little hole in the wall also in Rochelle Park. The new place has to be 50,000 sq. ft.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I remember the small one in Rochelle Park. Not that far from the dive shop I frequented. I haven't been to the new one since my days riding with the Polar Bear group.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
15 Participants
Jegga74IronHead
V-Twin Forum
V-Twin Harley Davidson forum. Discussion on V-Twin Harley Davidson motorcycles including Dyna, Electra Glide, Softail, Sportster, and more.
Full Forum Listing