V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was speaking with an independent HD mechanic a few months ago who told me he could perform warrantee work on extended warranty plans. I looked in my extended warranty booklet and cant see anywhere where it says who should perform the work.

I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge one way or the other about who can perform the extended warranty work?

Doug

·
Just pidlin'
982 Posts
Esp

I had a rear tire blow the other day, the warranty poeple said I had take it to Harley dealer, I had the tire coverage. No out of pocket money.

·
I haven't seen your bird.
8,499 Posts
I can't quite imagine H-D selling an extended warranty and then paying an indy to do the covered work.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
I may be wrong but I believe that any shop "Authorized for warranty work" by Contiental Service Provider, the obligator of the extended service contract, can work on your bike under the agreement. Don't take my word or the dealer for this though, call the holder of your contract for extended service.

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
GrampsWyatt said:
I may be wrong but I believe that any shop "Authorized for warranty work" by Contiental Service Provider, the obligator of the extended service contract, can work on your bike under the agreement. Don't take my word or the dealer for this though, call the holder of your contract for extended service.
My indie can provide extended warranty coverage. I don't have the tire/wheel warranty so I don't know about that.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Cycle Visions here in San Diego does extended warrenty work. They are not a Harley dealer yet they do warrenty work. I have the wheel and tire coverage and they fixed me up one day with a new tire. Zero cost to me and no questions asked. They did call for authorization because I saw the note on the invoice with the zero balance due. Im sure there are other indy shops that can do the same thing.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
CHIPMAKER said:
I had a rear tire blow the other day, the warranty poeple said I had take it to Harley dealer, I had the tire coverage. No out of pocket money.
Probably the warranty people weren't trying to "exclude" the indie dealer, but ALL HD dealerships are authorized, whereas the warranty people would have to get off the couch to check which indie dealers were authorized. lazy.

·
Free agent
795 Posts
The HD warranty is from a independant insurance provider and "Yes"...an authorized independant dealer can provide warranty service to your bike and it will be acceptable to the warranty company. Beware however..that many independants will not always accept the book time that the warranty company has given a specified repair. If the warranty company allows 1 hour to repair a defective part and it takes two hours to repair, you could be charged one hour even with an extended warranty. Make sure that you ask before you blindly leave your bike assuming that it will be free.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts