V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Harley-Davidson recalling 13,400 Dyna motorcycles

Company: Harley-Davidson, Inc. Add

In a press release Tuesday, the motorcycle manufacturer said approximately 13,400 motorcycles built between June 9 and Oct. 19, 2005 are included in the recall.

Harley-Davidson said transmissions in the affected motorcycles have a defect which under certain circumstances may allow them to go into a false neutral position even though the neutral indicator light is illuminated.

The company estimates the costs associated with the recall will be less than $5 million and said it will reserve these costs in the fourth quarter.

Harley-Davidson's NYSE-traded shares closed Tuesday at $54.47, down 38 cents, or 0.7%.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Pippeis said:
How am I supposed to know it if my bike fits those dates?!

Should I receive any comunication?!

ciao...

F
I'm sure you would get a recall notice in the mail but besides that there should be a manufactured date sticker on your frame that says the month and year the bike was made. For instance my was made in 09-2005. (September)

·
Registered
1 Posts
PowerCobra98 said:
Umm yeah...but this is 2005 right now and we both have 2006 models that have been made in 2005.

I believe you are affected if you have the 6 speed tranny (06 model) regardless of the year the bike was actually manufactured.

·
Registered
181 Posts
BluesBro said:
I believe you are affected if you have the 6 speed tranny (06 model) regardless of the year the bike was actually manufactured.
Yes, I understand. Apparantly you guys are not understanding my sarcasm. Read closely.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I stopped by my dealer Friday, to see if my bike
due in December 9th would be delayed.... Nope..
my bike wouldn't be effected at all as build date
didn't fall into those dates and shipments aren't
being slowed down by the recall... Now.. the
dealers may be busy doing the recall repairs...:chopper:

·
Ridin it like I stole it!
217 Posts
Recall

does anyone in the "Know" have insight as to how this will affect bikes "to be built"?
Are they stopping production, slowing, continuing, etc?

I am awaiting a Street Bob.

Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
18 Posts
Bporcelli, They (dealer) told me that the fix was made on
all bikes built on line after 10-19-05... When is your's due in..? What part of NH are you in..? I lived in Londonderry and
Penacook before coming to to Florida 1982... CYA...:chopper:

·
Registered
37 Posts
My Street Bob got set back a little bit. I ordered in early October and it was supposed to be here now with pickup the first week of December. My dealer told me that I " should " be able to pick it up around the 15th of December. No big deal to me, as I wanted to save as much as I can for the down payment, but my loan is only good for 60 days & runs out on New Years Eve, so they need to get going. Should be all good. Oh yeah, & to answer your question about production, my dealer said yes that production was stopped until the fix came out, but is back up now.

Later,
Chap

·
Registered
18 Posts
chapds; Since mine is a Super Glide maybe different
build lines... Don't know..we'll find out pretty soon
I'm sure...:hmmm:

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Went to pick up my 35th edition today and before I got it out the door, I was slapped in the mug with a recall.

No BIKE for YOU today!

No further info was available as to when the parts are to be shipped.

Vin

·
Registered
83 Posts
VI66 said:
Went to pick up my 35th edition today and before I got it out the door, I was slapped in the mug with a recall.

No BIKE for YOU today!

Vin
I believe I would have told them to Keep it, and then Supersized to a RoadGlide.
The new Dyna's sure are nice looking, H-D will get the kinks worked out, and all will be good with future models.

Hang in there Vin!!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Dude, sorry to hear that. That sucks. I called as I was supposed to get my bike this week to. they told me that my bob got pushed back a little bit as well. It sucks, but hopefully worth the wait.

later,
chap

·
Banned
154 Posts
VI66 said:

Vin
From other releases I have seen, the dealers should have the parts, and information to perform the recall work starting 12/12/05. Little less then 2 weeks.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
I am affected by the recall, but haven't received the official letter in the mail yet. Best I can tell, this is an annoyance rather than safety issue. (Remember in the MSF class they said never to rely on the neutral indicator, alway let the clutch out slow)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts