V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody got this? Do you like it? The dealership told me they put one on a Wide Glide. Do'nt know for sure if they are full of crap but I was thinking about a set for my Wide Glide. Just looking for info before I purchase one.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
G'day mate.
Yes I have seen them installed and they look freekin' great.
The Harley ones do not have the voltage indicator like the Kury's but no biggie.

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I got one, Dealer say's it will fit a Wide Glide even though the box doesn't say it will. Can see why it wouldnt work? Same electronics as the LED gauge and the softail tanks and DWG tanks look pretty close to me. If it doesn't look like it's going to work, maybe I can find a home for it on eBay. I'll know more in a week or so when I have time to put it on.

·
Registered
428 Posts
rpbrock- I'm interested if it works. I've thought about it too. My wife has a Dyna Defender - uses the WG tank.

·
Registered
8 Posts
rpbrock e-mailed me back and told me he decided against doing this mod. We gotta find out if someone has done it, or if it is possible and how. I know lots of WG owners that would love to find out...

·
Registered
276 Posts
flhrsi4ry said:
Any luck out there with mounting the flush mount's with a Road King?

I just completed my install.

2000 RoadKing Classic....converted to carb.....

I purchased kit 62823-06. It fits '04 and up RoadKing models.

I had to modify the wiring slightly to get it to work w/ my '00. The kit comes with the business end of the wires terminated w/ pins that you slip into the socket connector after you feed it through the tank.

The socket and pins provided did not fit my wiring harness. The wires are all the same color...red, black and yellow.

I needed the following connector end....73153-96BK.... and the associated crimp on socket. I cut the factory terminated ends off and crimped on the new female ends. Passed the wires through the tank then pushed the wires into the 73153 socket.

You could do the same thing by making a jumper pigtail /w the '00 connector on one end and the '04 and up on the other end.

First impressions are WOW.....

Im not much on bling....I have a nice looking bike and all....NO LEDs or engine lights etc...but this thing is cool as ****. I love the low profile and the LED fuel indicators seem to be accurate...(at least as accurate as my analog indicator was). The LEDs get brighter in the daylight and dim as light diminishes.

BONUS....Blue LEDs match the paint well....BONUS

There is one thing I think is slightly cheesey. The fuel cap trim ring is stuck on with "tape". You have to be very careful when installing it....once it touches the tank you won't be able to move it w/o damaging it or the tank. Take your time and follow their instructions to the letter.

·
Cruisin' on down the road
600 Posts
Suggestion for the trim ring: a tiny bit of clear silicone spread under it will have stick better for longer. Consider the effect of a minute amount of gas getting on that tape????

I'll be installing this kit on my '03 FLSTS (yes, I know it's not a WG) shortly so my Carlini bars don't touch the caps any more. :D

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
i'm a tech, buddy is too. he has an Wide Glide and he put one on his, says it looks fine. I haven't seen it yet, but i think they look great.

I'd get one, but I have an Electra Glide...

·
Registered
82 Posts
These came stock on my SE Springer ... only thing I don't like is the stupid gas pump symbol ... would rather just have the led dots ... it would make somewhat more sense if the gas tank symbol lit up only when you were low, but its on all the time. Seems dumb.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
astromikey said:
These came stock on my SE Springer ... only thing I don't like is the stupid gas pump symbol ... would rather just have the led dots ... it would make somewhat more sense if the gas tank symbol lit up only when you were low, but its on all the time. Seems dumb.
Was making that same comment yesterday. Looks like ass, and serves no purpose. Ruins the whole concept of a "clean" look

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Also, as far as the box says it "doesn't fit"....

They have different part numbers for the Softails and the Dynas... guess the tank shape is slightly different, as the chrome ring has to conform to the tank?

Anyway, go to HDs accessory section, and look up this part number:
62910-06

Indicates it works for 04 later Dynas (Wide glide included)

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Put a set on my 05 WG and love them. Easy to put on, looks clean. Just make sure you get the filler cap ring aligned correctly.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Alternative Point of View

I have the Kuryakyn ones and am very satisfied.
Replaced both the fuel/voltmeter gauge (nice lights) and the gas cap for less than that $198 HD wanted.

·
Registered
372 Posts
does anyone know why these won't work on a fuel injected Deuce?
just curious......:huh:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts