V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got through detailing a customers Low Rider... The bike has 24000 miles on it and has been a little neglected. The Black engine paint has faded a little over time and I'd like to know how to restore the factory black color (without repainting) Any ideas??

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
It is going to be hard but....

First, use some touch up paint to get any nicks. Go thick!

Then, using some rubbing compound and buff out the frame.

Finally, place some good auto wax (paste) and I promise it will look better, but you might almost just wanna paint the damn thing after all of this work! ;)

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
IGNORE MY LAST POST!

I thought you were talking about the FRAME, not the engine!!!

Woops... But if you needed to spruce up the frame.... :D

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
S100 has some stuff that works as good as anything, small red aerosol spray can. I think it's called engine brightener or something. They sell it at most bike shops and many dealers.

·
Registered
39 Posts
First use s-100 and rinse it all off as soon as directed by instructions. make sure you get it all off or it can stain aluminum if left on. Then use Pig Spit . This will bring out the old black finish

earnhardt #3

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pig Spit

Earnhardt #3

Thanks for the response. Where can I get this "Pig Spit" And is it made by the same folks that bring you pig snot?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
My dad bought a used Ultra Classic that was in need of TLC and we used WD-40 to clean and restore the faded parts of the engine. So far it has worked.

Dean (doc526)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Pig spit is sold in many bike shops. I hav'nt seen it in many dealerships, probably because its not a H-D product. It comes in a 13.9 oz. spray can. It's made by Rolling Thunder and its a little pricey (11.95 per can). They have a website WWW.pigspit.com. Their running a special, 3 cans for 29.95, a savings of 11.90.
Earnhardt #3

1 - 11 of 11 Posts