V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been riding 'cycles since I was 10 or 11 (1973 - does anyone remember those Honda 50cc minibikes?).
I bought my first Harley in 2002 - a '01 XL1200 Sportster. In the 3.5 years that I owned it, I put about 12,000 miles on it.
Two weeks ago, I fulfilled a promise I made 2 years ago - it being that I would buy another Harley when I finally graduated college (I took my first college course in 1987). I graduated with my Bachelor's degree last fall (Oct. '05). In fact, one could say that Harley-Davidson helped me get my degree. I did a term paper on the beginnings of the company for one semester, and I did a presentation (45-minutes & 88 PowerPoint slides) on the 100+ years history of the company-professor said it was the best of the class!
I would have loved to keep the Sportster, but.....
I now have a 2002 Dyna Wide Glide, and I'm loving it just as much, if not more then my old Sportster.
What can I say about the bikes and the people (dealers, employees, and riders) that has not already been said? It is a great 'cycle, and the bond that is found in the 'sub-culture' among Harley riders is something that is not found with any other brand of motorcycle. Additionally, riders of those other brands are equally welcome - a 'cycle rider is a 'cycle rider, regardless of what is between their legs (pun intended). We all realize that we unique - we ride for the pure pleasure of it, and we see the world in a way 4-wheel drivers do not, not even convertibles.
Live Free & Ride.
TiJon{salute(

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. I am sure that someone else will also tell to look at the NorthEast section and to go to the the NoVa Delinquents discussion to see what some of the members who live just north of you are doing/planning.

Stephen Smith
2005 FDXDI
SE203 Cams
Stage I kit
HD slip-on slash down cut exhausts

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Great intro and congrats on the degree and the new ride.

Pics are of course in order here.

Have fun and post up often... sounds like you are well handled.

Oh... and there is no cure.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
:welcome: to the forums.

Some of use may enjoy checking out your presentation. You should convert your slide show to a powerpoint type web presentation and post it up on some hosting site along with your paper. It just might be a good read for some of us fellow enthusiasts. I know I would like to check it out.

Congrats on futhering your edumakashun. :p

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Post up often and enjoy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts