V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
OneBlackFly said:
Has anyone had/have any experience (good or bad) with a roller stand to help make cleaning wheels and spokes easier than rolling the bike back and forth? Thanks. See link www.hardlineproducts.com/rollastand.html if you use another brand of stand, Hardline is one maker.
OBF,

no experience with the roller thingy but my hunch would be that instead of spending $65 on the roller thingy most would plunk down another $35 and get a Craftsman motorcycle lift. :yes:

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
http://www.jpslaststand.com/

These thangs are the cat's azz for cleaning, long term storage and generally holding the bike upright and solid. Since it's stainless, it won't rust when you get it wet. I've had mine for two years now. Both wheels can be spun by lifting the bike up just a little. Depends on where you place the stand. I really like mine.
I wanted a 'center stand' but got this for much less. I also own a bike lift but this is much handier, smaller and lighter.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
I have the H-D version of the wheeel roller black fly. It looks pretty much the same as the one you are looking at except the H-D one has little ramps to get the bike up easier on. They are very good to clean wheels with, just be carefull, it can be tricky if you havent done it before.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
New H-D Wheel Cleaning Stand

Just found on eBay a brand new, never-used H-D Wheel Cleaning Stand, part 94687-00, the one they dis-continued. I'm in business -- bring your dirty wheel to me!

·
Retired
1,834 Posts
OneBlackFly said:
Just found on eBay a brand new, never-used H-D Wheel Cleaning Stand, part 94687-00, the one they dis-continued. I'm in business -- bring your dirty wheel to me!
I'll be right over. Hope you don't mind cleaning salt encrusted spokes.:xhere:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rkt88403 said:
I'll be right over. Hope you don't mind cleaning salt encrusted spokes.:xhere:
Certainly not! Besides, I get to see your FXST. But don't hurry - remember, I'm retired and very busy.

·
Retired
1,834 Posts
OneBlackFly said:
Certainly not! Besides, I get to see your FXST. But don't hurry - remember, I'm retired and very busy.
I can relate as I've been laid off since May. I don't know where I found the time to work. I will probaly retire sometime this year.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
I guess I don't get it, a MC lift is between $50 and $150 for the small ones. They are so seay to use, why.....

Nevermind...:~

·
Registered
487 Posts
I have the HD version of the wheel roller, and a Craftsman lift. The roller collects dust. Problem is that while on the side stand, you roll the wheel, and the bike slides over to the side. It is more of a PITA than it is worth. I use the lift, on it's lowest catch, and it is much easier.

Don

1 - 12 of 12 Posts