V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. Quick story here about a guy I know. I was reminded of this guy from reading another thread here.

I worked a few years with a guy - I'll call him Jerry. He was a pretty cool guy. Loved to drink and party. Had himself a wife and a couple kids. One night got into an accident and suffered some brain damage from it. Well, we all still knew and liked him, but he was... well... brain damaged. He would say and do a lot of stupid ****. Best part about it all was he was still a good guy, and we all had a good time with him.

He liked Harleys. A lot! Trouble is, his wife was a real douchebag. She sucked all his insurance money outta him, and then left his sorry ass in the wind. Poor guy. After she was through with him, he didn't have a pot to piss in, and at the age of 40, he had to move back in with his mother. He couldn't afford much, but he had an old Honda.

It was REALLY old too. It was a '72 or so, CL350 (I think). It had 2 cylinders, upswept pipes, and was painted flat black. There were tassles, reflectors and H-D stickers everywhere, ape hangers, and a stupidly long sissy bar in the back.

He called it his Honda-Davidson. We called it a Hardley Davison. He's had this piece of dung for at least 11 years now, and still rides it all season long. We keep trying to tell him to drive that damn thing off a cliff and get a real bike, but I think he's too attched to it now, like a dog with 3 legs he feels sorry for, just can't let it go.

And he's real intent on becoming a biker too. One of Jerry's favorite things to do is to ride up between two bikers who are riding side-by-side, and shouting hello! Needless to say, his appearance was usually quite startling to to the unsuspecting riders. The sudden appearance of a scrawny guy on a piece-o-**** riceburner slipping into your saftey zone had to have shaken you up a bit.

Far as I know, Jerry is still riding his Hardley-Davidson. He must have a lot of miles on it. Maybe one of these days he'll break down and get a new bike.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Higmo,

Your friend sounds like he is happy with his choice of 2 wheels that he rides. Let him ride, that is what it is all about.

Ride Safe.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Knock knock knock... hello? Anyone home in there? This is supposed to be a humorous story. Lighten up guys. Come on! Doesn't the image of a squirrely guy on a clapped out old honda riding up BETWEEN two guys riding in tandem conjur a funny image in your minds? Wouldn't YOU be startled?

"Your friend sounds like he is happy with his choice of 2 wheels that he rides. Let him ride, that is what it is all about."

I don't give a rat's ass what he rides. I just thought I would share this. I'm all about fun. I like fun. Fun is good. Life itself it too serious to take seriously. I'm not all mired down in self loathing and seriousness. I'm a loner because of this. I guess too many people take my stories at face value without seeing the humor in them.

I come from a large poor family. My mother is oldest of 14 (that's right) kids, and my father has 7 brothers and sisters. We got a lot of strife, turmoil, and hardship stories, but many of them are really funny. Many of them involve motorcycles. I'd love to tell them, but you guys have to understand they are only stories and don't necessarily reflect my opinions.

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Higmo, I liked the story. Yeah it was humorous but at the same time a little bit tragic since the guy had an accident. Sometimes I don't comment if I run the risk of not being politically correct. I guess it takes a little getting to know each other before we can really cut loose and know how someone else is going to take it. That's why I like people to post so we can get to know them better and have some fun. We're getting there and you are helping.;)

Later,

·
Registered
70 Posts
I really hate what happened to the guy. Brain injuries are trajic. I will have to admit I loved the idea of riding up in between to other people on his Honda-Davidson and saying hello. That picture is priceless.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Go for It

Like the song sez, 'You cain't please eveyone, so you got to please yurself.' (Or something like that.) Post It. The Net is a big place and there are other people to hang with if you can't be yourself.

I remember a guy I worked with on the River outside of New Braunfels. He had an old tore up Sporty with no seat that sounds like your description of the Honda. He couldn't afford to to replace the seat after he put it down. He had a red towel rolled up and wedged into the frame in place of the seat. (Come to think of it, that was the only Harley I ever saw I didn't want to ride.) When we were partying and ran out of supplies, he would jump on that bike and haul ass into San Antonio. I mean he would be seriously tripping and running that damn thing wide fuckin' open through the Hill Country in the dead of night. He made it through the whole summer without killing hizself.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"(Come to think of it, that was the only Harley I ever saw I didn't want to ride.)"

Now THAT'S comedy! LOL!

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
It was a good story, and there is much to be admired in your friend, but everyone interprets images differently. If one were to know the guy one would give him every break, but if someone were to ride up between my partner and me in the way described, he is going in the ditch, no matter what he rides.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts