V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have Hard Kromes 2 to 1 xccelerator exhaust on. How do they sound vs Thunderhaders. Its a big pipe, they say its a deep distinctive sound. They say it out performs Thunderheaders by a few HP's.

·
Registered
121 Posts
nr133... I've heard the Xccelerator 2:1 system for the first time this week. They sound AWESOME!!! Low rumble on idle, then BAM when you hit the throttle! "Ahhh yes, the Harley sound preserved!" They are finished MUCH better that the Thunderheader with the full heat shield assembly. Additionally, they perform at least as good as the Thunderheader, if not better; the reports I have reviewed on dyno-testing indicates the Xccelerator 2:1 out-performed the Thunderheader by a decent margin... Probably is why they cost a bit more, but do not require heat shields, etc. Mine get installed on 12/13/02 along with the high-flow Screamin Eagle and standard jetting kit. I actually called the DG Hard Krome company and got to talk to a technician. Of course, they raved about this system up and down! Shall see! I will let you know how it all turns out shortly.

ibrowse-

·
Registered
91 Posts
has anyone seen or heard the D&D exhaust Fat Cat?

Its a new 2-1 and pricey from their website but I guarantee you'll stand out in a crowd.

·
Registered
246 Posts
ibrowse said:
nr133... I've heard the Xccelerator 2:1 system for the first time this week. They sound AWESOME!!! Low rumble on idle, then BAM when you hit the throttle! "Ahhh yes, the Harley sound preserved!" They are finished MUCH better that the Thunderheader with the full heat shield assembly. Additionally, they perform at least as good as the Thunderheader, if not better; the reports I have reviewed on dyno-testing indicates the Xccelerator 2:1 out-performed the Thunderheader by a decent margin... Probably is why they cost a bit more, but do not require heat shields, etc. Mine get installed on 12/13/02 along with the high-flow Screamin Eagle and standard jetting kit. I actually called the DG Hard Krome company and got to talk to a technician. Of course, they raved about this system up and down! Shall see! I will let you know how it all turns out shortly.

ibrowse-
Any chance you could post some pictures?

·
Registered
246 Posts
fulldraw said:
Pictures? More?
Absolutley! A picture is worth a thousand words! I was speaking to iBrowse as he had them installed earlier in December... DOH, its January now! Happy New year.

·
Registered
121 Posts
03 Deuce... I will post the pics tomorrow; Sorry it took so long. I was busy riding with the new pipes!

ibrowse-

1 - 8 of 8 Posts