V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, looking for any info on hardchrome exhaust (s-bend) performance,blueing,sound,quality. any info would be appreaciated.thank you

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
Check Hard Kromes website. They utilize doublewall construction so bluing should not be a concern. Way oversized outer pipes for a bigger than life effect. I've looked them over and cant quite get past the out of proportion size of them. They'd probably sound pretty deep since the larger the can the deeper the tone.

Exhaust choice all boils down to a matter of personal preferrence and tastes. Don't write off Cycle Shack. They're relatively inexpensive and result in equal or better power figures as compared to the high dollar systems.

Stick with baffled pipes to enhance low end power. Rejet or remap to circumvent any lean conditions and your bluing issues will be lessened.

SS

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanx

thanx for the help. i did'nt think it would be so hard to pick out a set of pipes. there's so many to choose from.my biggest promblem is i tend to make the wrong choice because i always seem to decide by apperance 1st. not the best way to go.thanks again all

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hard Krome DD

I have a set of the Hard Krome DD on my 95 Fat Boy and they sound great. Loud, but great. They do have custom baffles inthem though.. I also have the slip ons on my 02 FLHRCI..They are deep, a little loud for a tourer, but sound wonderful. Also customer service has been good..One of my pipes on the Fat Boy was turning..Sent it back..No Prob....

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi darty, i like the s-bends alot but for 500 dollars thats a lot to spend without knowing much about them. i don't want them to loud. can the baffels be changed? what do you mean by turning. blueing? after how many miles. and one more ? how hard is it to bolt up to engine since i assume the outer pipe does'nt move and how does it look up there where it connects to the head.thanks a lot

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hi otterbob, my first choice was the vance&hines long shots. there 's just to many to choose from. i leave for work at 3:30am so i dont want them to loud. i would keep the stock exhaust except i dont like the way they look.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Longshots are not that lound with the baffle in that comes with the pipes. In fact I thinks the V&H longshots are the best sounding baffled pipes for a TC.

·
Registered
30 Posts
hard khrome

fxdl....Sorry so long in replying...They turned actually because of me. I took the baffles out for a little while. I then had a custom piece of tubing (acting as a baffle) made. I welded a small tab onto the piece of tubing and tapped it for the baffle screw. It is really too loud, but I like it. The pipes on my dresser are great..Throaty, loud but not too loud for me ..They are louder than the SE though. The guy I ride with has 2000 Fat Boy with the V&H Longshots..Loves them....I think both pipes have their pros so it's just a personal choice..Both are a quality product.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts