V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry... I just gotta vent

Started out as a decent day, the weatherman was calling for a day in the 50's and the roads weren't too awful bad so I decided that me and the old Shovel would head on down to the dealer for a build date on my ordered FLHTCI.

Snow on the sides,but just wet here and there when I left this morning at about 40F. Made a few pit stops and pulled into the shop after noon. My salesman was outside at the time and I told him I'd hookup with him on a build date on the scoot when he came back in. He says we can probably get the ship date too. Looked around for a while and then went looking for him. He was busy with someone else at the time so just shot the sh*t with the parts guy. Looked for him again and found out he went to lunch! Took a deep breath and found another guy and explained why I was there. He said , he'd look it up and we proceed to his desk. The dude fumbles around with some orders for a while that are marked PhaseIII and then looks in a drawer. "Oh due to the demand of the two-tone you've been bumped back to Phase IV."

I feel the BP going up and tell him that I was never told of any change. I was getting my money together expecting a Jan-Mar delivery. He proceeds to tell me I'm "lucky" to be even getting it at all due to the demand.

I tell him they at least could have given me a phone call telling me about the change. This made no difference to him. Like oh well... tough sh*t!

I hate it when people have you by the bag and know it. I realize had I told him to shove it, there would be a hundred other guys in line to buy it.
It took me four dealers to even get the two-tone back in August and this bird tells me he had people order clear back in 98.

When I got home I called back and talked to my original salesman who played dumb to the whole charade. Claims the dude I talked to was the guy that does the ordering and had'nt even told him. More crap? I think so,then he says he'll put me at front of Phase IV and I'll see it in April. Time will tell, but I'll probably be "lucky" (to quote the ass) to see it in June.

April won't kill me if it's true as I'm sure the snows come'n back. It just bites me that you can spend 21K and they won't even give ya a 25 cent phone call to let you know.At least I still have my old scoot to hold me over. If I'm into June I may just wait for the 04.

Thanks for listening... I feel better now... not!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Gotta ask.........

Which Stealership was it???? I can only think of 2 that would do or say something like that..... Gatto or Heritage..... Maybe I am wrong.. But please... Fess up...

·
Registered
217 Posts
For some reason the E Classics are fewer this year. Search the net. I have seen them at diffrent dealers around the country. Freeze in Belvvile Il has some a week or so ago. You may find a better price then just pay to have it shipped to you. If you do this just ride your new bike to the stealer that has yours ordered and tell him to shove it up his as*. Some day all these pric** will pay for this and I will laugh at all of them. Dan

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey there DevilHog and Dan thanks for the replys.

You can call me a wuss if you like, but I just can't shoot myself in the foot just yet until I decide what to do. Been wait'n a long time to get a new ride and I guess I'll have to hang on a while longer and see if another "line" happens.

Like I said I was at four different dealerships and called a couple others until I thought I got the two-tone. What sucks is I haven't been really wild on any of the color combos with stripes and finally decided on the S/B in August. Since my guy, said he could get one I went with him. When I had questions about possible paint problems I was told none in my phase (III) but that (II) had to change a couple bikes. (some of my past posts get into my trip to the York plant). Everything seemed cool in late September, but he then tells me my order doesn't even go in till mid October. Hmmmm,
now I start to think, take my money in August but don't place an order till October. Now this crap starts and I'm really wondering what to believe.
I'm half tempted to place an order for an 04 at the dealer I wanted to buy from ,but who couldn't get any 03 baggers (his went early) and see what happens. If the 03 doesn't make it till late June,he can keep it and I'll have an 04 in September/October.

I've been around long enough to remember when HD had trouble getting people to buy their product.(my 79 FLH). Now everyone wants one and it sure seems like these stealers could care less about the consumer. There's another buyer waiting around every corner. I too hope they wake up and get back to basics with honesty and integrity. I could be way off base, but the BS seems to be more of the norm for most dealers "I" have dealt with. I'm sure there are some good ones out there too. I just can't see having one shipped to me and if I have a problem the backyard boys will get me anyway.

Thanks for listen'n

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
No matter where you buy, the nearest dealer still has to honor warrantee work, should be no problem with maintenence either, probably won't go to the front of the line but shouldn't refuse you........

·
Registered
543 Posts
Wanna hear a funny story ? I remember back in 85-86 I got the notion that I was gonna get off my old POS I was riding. So I went around to all the Dealerships to check out prices. I remember one Dealership in particular had a couple dozen brand new bikes. Some of them were a couple years old, just sitting around waiting.

So I ask the guy, how much for that Superglide ? I'm talking brand new bike that had been sitting there for probly year and a half. Along with all the others. He say's " I could sell you one of the Superglides for probly around 6K ".

I remember thinking f*ck that, that is way too much money to pay for a bike !! Softails were just coming out, and they were wanting about 9k for em !! I just thought that was ridiculous.

How times change.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts