V-Twin Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Parts are starting to dribble in, got the gold emulators today, and my paint. Started the morning sanding and doing rust treatment on the frame. Then it got nice this afternoon so I painted it...aint perfect but it's protected with Rustoleum oil based gloss black enamel with rust inhibitor. I have to say it's shiny now, will let it cure for 48 hours before I mess with it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
It's been 6 weeks since I screwed up my foot and I can walk on it pretty good now, I even think I can get a tennis shoe on it now. Since being on my armchair run I have now collected all the parts to rebuild the front end and rear swingarm. I'm now (starting Monday) going to be able to get back on the build.....if it ever stops raining. Been raining pretty much every day for almost 2 weeks now. Either way, I did get out in between storms today and stare at all the parts in the shed......

·
Registered
929 Posts
For a do it yourselfer, Harbor Freight has a pretty decent solvent tank.. I had one 8 years ago ( left it in Oregon when I moved to Florida)....

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
For a do it yourselfer, Harbor Freight has a pretty decent solvent tank.. I had one 8 years ago ( left it in Oregon when I moved to Florida)....
That wash tub along with the blue 5 gallon bucket is my parts washer...

Raining again today....sigh, un packed the fork sliders I bought for $110.00....damn if they aren't brand new!

·
Registered
929 Posts
Yes, dryer than the west side, but how do you think the trees grow and are so green? A very consistent complaint of California transplants about Oregon......

·
Registered
11,107 Posts
Yes, dryer than the west side, but how do you think the trees grow and are so green? A very consistent complaint of California transplants about Oregon......
I bet you could give an opinion of practically every kind of rain suit on the market.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
929 Posts
I bet you could give an opinion of practically every kind of rain suit on the market.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk
No, I was born Portland and lived in Eugene 69 - 2012.... The only people who wore raincoats were the "newcomers".

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

Hahahaha, clueless to Wallowa valley, it's more like high desert

·
Registered
315 Posts
About 9 months ago I bought a wreaked 87 FLHTP for $1000.00. It was REALLY bent and broken but would spin with the starter, the wiring was trashed from the accident and that was the only thing that semi-worked. Anyhow I pounded out the dents and fixed the wiring while gathering the parts needed to make her ride again...needed to see how far apart it I have to take it. Had A LOT of help from friends with donated parts and finally got it fired, shortly after that I took her out for a "test ride". Ran like a raped ape...DAMN FAST, wicked SCARY handling....but you could make the steering "light" at will in 2nd and 3rd. Rode it for a month or so doing local short stuff accessing what needed to be done to "bring her back". Stuff happens and long story short I FINALLY got to tearing Alma down (her name) and pulled the engine down and out of the frame. There's some rust on the frame that needs to be addressed and the frame shop needs a bare frame to check and/or repair the frame.

She has an S&S 96" stroker kit with matching super stock heads. From what I can find that'll put'er around 115hp and 115tq.....

THIS BIKE IS GONNA BE FUN WHEN ITS DONE!

At time of test ride

No way is that 96" Evo making anywhere near those numbers with that pipe.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I do. But lets not debate this. Instead, you can post up a dyno sheet of a 96" evo S&S kit making 115 square through a set of oem bagger head pipes. Prove me wrong.
Hahahaha......Where the **** did I say that my bike put those numbers down? I "said" that those were the numbers that I found from other peoples builds. What does mine put down.....haven't a clue, nor do I really care. As I said that's what I've found, so take your pissin contest to someone who cares

21 - 40 of 40 Posts