V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with 18" and/or 21" (front) wheels and tires on a Road Glide or Electra Glide, Road King. I am curious about how the ride and handling changes. Pics would be good too!!

Thanks,
Rocket Jockey

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
21" Front???

Looks like going 18" is a no brainer. I can't find much on going with a 21" front, 18" rear. If any of you have any info or input on the 21" front, I would appreciate hearing.

I think the 21" front is totally sick looking. It is completly different than anything out there and on a big bagger it just seems to pop. If ride and handling were not negatively affected, I would definitley go 21" on the front. But, this is my "do everything" bike so I don't want to screw it up either by making it less ridable.

Thanks,
Rocket Jockey

·
Registered
240 Posts
Rocket, RDKING sent ya to the right place to get the answer to your question, and there is another piece of data that I have just learned about this weekend at Bikeweek as a result of my brother having words with Metzler about tire wear, METZLER will have a new touring 18" tire due out the rep said either the 23rd or 24th of this month, and Millers custom parts of DAYTONA will have 4 of them right of the bat, bro and I will have two of them and there will be two more to be had, George Miller said he will be stocking them though, so they can be obtained, they are suppose to yield 8-10 k miles and still have handeling that METZLER is known for, I do not have a p/n for the tire but if you call George I am sure he will know what you are talking about, hope this helps.
Millers 1863 S. Ridgewood Ave.
South Daytona, Florida 32119
Ph. (386) 761-0858 Fax. (386) 322-0530
Mon - Sat 8:30AM-5:00PM
Sunday 10:00AM-2:00PM

SLICK.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
SLICK02 said:
Rocket, RDKING sent ya to the right place to get the answer to your question, and there is another piece of data that I have just learned about this weekend at Bikeweek as a result of my brother having words with Metzler about tire wear, METZLER will have a new touring 18" tire due out the rep said either the 23rd or 24th of this month, and Millers custom parts of DAYTONA will have 4 of them right of the bat, bro and I will have two of them and there will be two more to be had, George Miller said he will be stocking them though, so they can be obtained, they are suppose to yield 8-10 k miles and still have handeling that METZLER is known for, I do not have a p/n for the tire but if you call George I am sure he will know what you are talking about, hope this helps.
Millers 1863 S. Ridgewood Ave.
South Daytona, Florida 32119
Ph. (386) 761-0858 Fax. (386) 322-0530
Mon - Sat 8:30AM-5:00PM
Sunday 10:00AM-2:00PM

SLICK.
Slick, I assume you're talking about a ME880 rear tire,... what is the width, & load rating of the new 18" tire you're talking about? Perhaps a 150 with a higher load rating around 850 or 900? I just ordered some 18x3.5" Weld wheels from Hogpro (great folks to deal with BTW) with 140 Metzlers front and rear. I probably would've gone with a 150 rear had the load rating been at least what the 140 was (803 lb).

thrasher

·
07', 04', 03', & 02
1,099 Posts
A buddy of mine gets a new bike every year and sells his year old one(usually 15-20K miles per year). He tricks out everyone of his bikes. The last 3 years he's picked up Road Glides. On his 06 he put 18 on rear and 21 on front. He hates what its done to the handling and says he'll stick with stock 16's on his 07. I've ridden all his bikes extensively and his 06 is by far the worst handling due to the large wheels. I was ready to put a similar set up on my 06 Ultra until I spent an afternoon on his RG. I could'nt wait to get back on my bike with the stock 16's.

Just my experience

1 - 7 of 7 Posts