V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If all goes as planned, I will be ordering a new SG next week. For those of you who have one, how do you like the stock handlebars? If you have changed them out, what did you change to? I've not rolled 6" on one, but I already know I like the cleaner look of internal wiring and a fatter bar. I've used Wild One Chubby bars on both my Fatboy and RK Custom, so would probably stick with that company.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Rick

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
Wild 1 makes a really nice bar for the eglides. They are top quaility and comfortable. I have installed them before, just check the brake line length. Now if you want to stay with the same bars as factory and internall wiring, just have you h-d parts guy look up bars for an 05 s/e electraglide. They are the exact dimension but fully chrome and have provision for interal wiring. I cant remember the p/n right now, will have to look. let us know which you chose..

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have a Street Glide and will be installing a set of Chubby 575's on it in a month or two when I get the time and money. I will do all the cables at the same time. I think the 575's are the way to go with the Street Glide. I'm 6' tall with a 34" reach. The stock bars are too short for me. The 575's give the added rise and pullback without going overboard................

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
I went with the Wild1's. Like the feel better than the stock bars. The down side is that you will get a great view of your knuckles with the fairing mounted mirrors. The bars bring you up, back and out, a very comfortable riding position.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
trex_47e said:
I went with the Wild1's. Like the feel better than the stock bars. The down side is that you will get a great view of your knuckles with the fairing mounted mirrors. The bars bring you up, back and out, a very comfortable riding position.
Nice pics. Which Chubbys did you go with??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts