V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, after finally finding the handle bars that are just right for me, I think it's about time that I run the switch wiring inside them for a cleaner look. I don't think it's going to be hard,,,,just a little time consuming and more hassle than anything else having to pull the slack out of that wiring harness again to get to the wiring plugs and get it back in again. Have any of you drilled your bars to do this?

FifthGear

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I finished with the switch wiring through the handlebars finally. It sure cleaned the looks up. It was a little harder pulling the wires through than I thought it would be though. I left the switch wire for the new fog lights on the outside so that if I take them off it won't be so hard to get to it. One thing that I did wrong was wait until I was completely finished and everything re-assembled before I put the key in to check all the switches out. Everything worked,,,,,but the starter! That little ole gray wire wasn't snapped into the connector good. So I had to pull the wiring harness slack out to fix it. That meant removing the seat, unbolting the tank, removing left saddlebag and belt gaurd to access the square rubber plug on the inside rear fender so that I could pull the slack back tight. You live and learn. It won't happen again! LO

1 - 2 of 2 Posts