V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Digging in for the winter soon, so I 'm starting on my overhaul list for Deluxe by changing my handlebars. Just ordered Chubby's, along with braided cables and Kuryakyn ISO grips. Was also going to purchase riser bushings, thinking they will dampen some vibration. Wild 1 told me they are really just a replacement for the rubber bushings and will last a life time. They really don't do much for Vibration damping. They carry hard (stiffer, for use on taller risers) or soft (recommended) bushings $25, where HD has there's for $39. I know we're only talking cents, so just replace anyways while bars are off and take my pick?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I changed mine to the neopreme (sp) bushings from Custom Chrome, they cost $15.00 and have done wonders to the slight vibration in the bars on my Deluxe, after about 100 or so miles my right hand would start to get a bit numb, a normal thing since I cut my finger off years ago, it was the trade off to getting it put back on, it takes all of 15 minutes to change them and it's well worth it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts