V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some advice on a previous post re more comfortable bars for a shorter (5' 9") rider on an '02 Fatboy, but when I checked out the suggestions at an independent custom shop- Wild 1 Chubby 0508 RK bars or 0501 knuckle bars, White Brothers mini beach bars, none of them felt right. Went to H-D (this dealer has treated me well in the past)and they came up with a bar that sounds right (although they didn't have one I could check out)... Carlinis at $235! Two models: street bar with 9'rise, 36' wide, & 8.75" pullback, and freeway bar with 7" rise, 35" wide and 10" pullback. Both bars are chromed, drilled, 1.25".
My questions: Anyone know of a cheaper alternative with similar dimensions. If not, can I do much better on pricing? Also, dealer claims I'll need to re-wire and may as well do the steel braid cables.

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
Like I said before...the Wild1 504 bars are made to use stock fat boy wires cable and are 35 wide, about 8 rise and 12 pull back (using the normal harley type measurements......wild1 would call it something else).

I paid $125, they are also 1.25 dia. and drilled

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Handlebars.

nyaz2000,

I think that you are looking for is what logical has posted twice on the board.
Check out Wild1, 504. See if that particular set is what will fit you. The price sits a whole lot better then in excess of 200 big ones.

Ride Safe.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Logical & Roadking96

Thanks for the input. I decided to go with Wild 1 chubby0504, as you recommended. Should be in, in about a week or two. I'll let you know how they feel.

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
Be sure to also order a wild1 top clamp unless you have the top clamp cover. The stock top clamp has an angle on the sides and looks bad because the wild1 bars have the step where it goes from 1" to 1.25 inches. Some of the stepped down area shows. The wild 1 clamps are rectangular (90 degrees) on the sides and the exact width of the stepped area, covering it all.

I noticed this and ordered one and then my dealer put a top clamp cover from a Road King on free so I didn't really need it. (the cover covers the top clamp area completely. It was $53 I think and I still have it in the package. if you want it for $40 it's yours or otherwise i'll return it. It is the milled clamp wo-506

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. Let me see what the dealer planned to do. I won't have a chance to check on it til next weekend. If he didn't plan on providing the clamp cover, and you still have yours, I'll take it for $40.

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
It's actually the top clamp itself that I have (which i think you understand). The cover my dealer put on (from a RK I think) covers the top clamp so that the look of the top clamp doesn't matter. Again, the standard Harley top clamp has an angle on the sides that looks funny next to the stepped wild1 bars and the idea with the wild1 top clamp is that it matches the 90 degree angle where the diameter steps up on the bars and doesn't leave part of it exposed like the stock HD top clamp does. I'll hold off on returning it for a while, just let me know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts