V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to add some new comfort to a 03 FLHRI Road King before I get it out on the road this year.

For her: I'm trying to find a new touring seat that will be better for the girlfriend. The stocker is OK for her on a day ride but anything over two hours straight on the bike and it's not pleasant. I'd like to get something that is low profile but is also comfortable for her. I Don't really have a preference between one piece or solo + passenger pad. Suggestions?

For me: I'm looking to add new bars. Stockers were terrible at first but now are OK but want something different. Read a lot of post lately about Heritage bars on Kings and I'm thinking about HD 56569-09 bars. My question is will the stock wiring and cables work with this setup. All I've read about is these bars on newer FK's. I'm 6' and 200#. I know there are better bars out there but I'm also adding a cam plate upgrade with SE 204's so I'd like to keep the bar upgrade cost down right now.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The Mustang seats are great! And not near as expensive as Corbin. Had them on my last 4 bikes.
My '00 Roadking. I had a solo w removable passenger pad. I think they have 3 sizes for the PP.

·
self banned
5,992 Posts

·
Ret 1SG now CFP®
39 Posts
The difficulty with seats is that everyone is different. I was recently introduced to Astech Seats. They take the cover off your stock seat and rebuild it to match your size and weight. Each seat is custom built inside for the rider.

They made the padding etc in the front to fit me with my weight and the back to fit my wife and her weight. They also narrowed the front so it's like a reach seat in the front. Then they cover it with whatever you want. I had them put the stock cover back on. My seat looks stock, but it's not stock where it counts.

Now my seat would be a bit too soft if you weigh 200 lbs and too hard if you weigh 150 lbs. But at 170, (my weight) it can't be beat.

http://www.astechseat.com/

I haven't done the handlebars on the new bike yet. (Hit 500 miles tonight.) I had 10 in mini apes on my old one. They were really comfortable. I miss them and will certainly put the same thing on this one.

A lot of people will disagree with what I'm about to say. But I believe, as long as the bars are reliable and comfortable for you, they're the right ones. Just sit behind bars, grab a hold and find your honey hole.

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
I changed the OEM seat on my RG to a Mustang. Ever since I did that my wife has no issues with the seat and actually likes to ride more.

As for handle bars I have only changed to add more pull back and all did not have to change any cables etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts