V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Ridge Rider
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My service manual is on the way but I need to adjust the handlebars on an 03 RKC. When I remove the two screws under the fork lock trim piece the cover seems to be attached to the pointed trim on top of the headlight nacelle. How does this part detach? I need to move the bars back about an inch. Do I have to remove the entire nacelle?

·
Registered
30 Posts
The short answer is yes. I had the service dept. at my dealership do this for me. They did have to remove the entire nacelle. I convinced them the handlebars were set at the wrong angle to start with, so they did not charge me to do this.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Try giving them a quick hard jerk. I read that earlier from HIPPO and it worked for me. It's kind of hard to fine tune but it might save you about an hour of work inside your head light.

·
Registered
584 Posts
98rk, that's a scary thought if that works. I would hate to think that I could move the handlebars in that fashion. Think about what would happen during an accident.....but come to think about it, that would probably be least of your concerns. Never mind. J.T.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Whoa there! :eek:

Unless they changed it, the trim on the top of the lamp is held by one very small screw on the fork lock cover.

On my 00 thet is the set up. Once yo remove that screw, toss the POS in the trash. The fork lock cover will hold the trim piece without that messed up little screw.

Again, this is on an 00 RK but I doubt they changed it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts