V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 Superglide Custom and was wondering if anyone could tell me the available slack that will allow me to go with taller bars without changing all the cables? I dont see very much to play with... The only saving grace about me wanting to go even taller is I can just ask for parts for a street bob without measuring. Easy to do, just a pain to accomplish.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I have an 08 Superglide Custom and was wondering if anyone could tell me the available slack that will allow me to go with taller bars without changing all the cables? I dont see very much to play with... The only saving grace about me wanting to go even taller is I can just ask for parts for a street bob without measuring. Easy to do, just a pain to accomplish.
That was a tough one for me to figger. I did find that most of the aftermarket handlebar sites did say if the swap can be done w/o cable/electrical changes or not, when looking at the dimensions . The table of handlebar dimensions in the accessory catalog helped after I identified my stock bars. From there I surmised a 'range' of bars that I could get away with. since I have an 06 SG, none of what I learned may help you. Just saying what I did to get to a conclusion. At the end of the day, for me, I decided that I could not exceed more than about 2" increase in rise, which is what I was after. You may find that you have more options than I did. Good luck.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Got a set of the HD 6" pullbacks for 1 1/4" bars #56267-09 for $75 shipped if you like those. Won't need longer cables for just risers usually.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just put mini apes on my 09 Dyna Super Glide amazing ride, I'm 6ft.

Clutch cable, both throttle cables, brake hose, you will loose fluid when you replace the clutch cable so buy some along with the Dot 5 fluid or you'll be pissed.

Worth the time and money!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts