V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 2001 883 Custom. I have drag bars from the factory on it. How difficult is it to change the handlebars on a bike? I want some type of pull back handlebars but not really buckhorns. Want to use the same lines so I do not have added expense. Any advice on what type of bars to buy and install? I have a bad back and that is the sole reason for changing the bars I currently have. I am going to Corbin in Daytona, FL during Biktoberfest and getting a Gunfighter and Lady seat and maybe a backrest. Any bad stories any of you have about Corbin Seats? I know Mustangs are really comfortable, but are limited to one solo seat that accepts backrests for Sportsters. So i tend to feel Corbin is the way to go. I also like the idea Corbin uses leather on their seats instead of Mustang using vinyl.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

·
Banned
5,863 Posts
Bars are easy. Two bolts under the upper triple clamp. Control pods bolt right off, throttle grip slides off with the pod and the left grip should come off with minimal effort. If it gives you a hard time, heat the grip first with a heat gun or a hair dryer.
As for the Corbin seat, I have the gunfighter (see below) and it's FIRM. If you like a cushy seat it's not for you. The passenger accomodations are not suitable for long rides but I believe the gunfighter and lady has a better pillion. Quality is excellent and I'm very happy but again I like a firm seat.
Hope this helps

Dean

1 - 3 of 3 Posts