V-Twin Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
harm

Get in front of the offending cager and just drop them,they'll bounce into his undercarrige,he'll slow down and you'll be gone. BB's work like a charm,,don't do it in real heavy traffic tho,you could cause a pile up.(disclaimer)
It's not funnt...unless someone gets hurt....then It's hilarious!!!!!

:hystria: :ntlgh:

·
Registered
374 Posts
charades

If you see me and I'm holding my hand to my head/ helmet in the "peace sign V" it would mean there are some deer like animals in the road or roadside ahead, Kinda like the hand flat and pushing down means to slow for the man ahead or maybe something else in the road to slow down for.

if you see me with both arms extended and my rear is off the seat & my head is turned backwards & my left foot is on the right side of my bike......what???? I am jus sayin.......................sheesh!!!:beatdh:

·
Registered
374 Posts
a little humor

Seriously.. I went riding with my neighbors wife...her hand signals were off the charts! I stayed as far back from her as I could, without being too obvious. Not only is she a control FREAK...She has one hellava Temper! she scares me! Trouble is ..she is HOT!!!!
I can only imagine being in bed with her,,,,,,,,,,,,:spank: " YOU'RE NOT DOING IT RIGHT'#[email protected]

·
Registered
13 Posts
I hear marbles work well, and since they shatter on impact with a windshield, there is no evidence :whistle:

I have found them really cheap at swap meets. $1 for a bag of 50!
That should last a day or two, huh?:hystria:

·
Registered
9 Posts
a friend n fellow rider suggested placing a prostetic arm on the side of the bike when riding thru a road where you see lots of on coming bikers going the other way.ha ha humor

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have chosen to interact with this site because Im very focused on rider safety,and at the same time enjoying the ride.Have only been riding a total of 11 years and only a total of 80,000 miles. but I think as we share safety ideas we can make a difference.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I spoke with a old fart from hemet, ca. who said he has logged 350,000 miles but hes got 15 years to the elder to me and he started riding at a younger age.Anyhow he would have alot to contribute to the table of safety conscience riders.So anyhow ,lets all share some real tips of safety.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Im going to say that if we have been riding for years any safety tip we get will probably not be anything new, but will be dished up in a way that makes it stick in our mind better.Then we can draw on that knowledge at the quick moment when we most need it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
SAFETY TIP Stay focused at every moment. You cant brain fade when riding,so be rested and aware at ALL times! Be comfortable,for us old guys be sure to take a piss before you ride,dress warm or cool depending on weather.ask yourself this question,Will i be too hot with all my gear. If not then wear it! Then dress down from that point.Better to be slightly warm rather than chilled!NEVER be in a hurry on your bike! Your own speed is your best friend or worst enemy!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Always be aware of the speed limit. adjust yourself accordingly with the traffic to be in a pocket of safety as much as is possible.ie dont ride next to semi trucks, or in blind spots to others. allow 3 seconds between you and the guy in front of you,unless its another bike. be aware of the tail gater behind you and get him out of there either by pulling thru traffic ahead to a safe position or buy moving over and letting him pass.Always pride yourself on safety and being the bigger person with the focus being safety,not whos right.When riding be self controlled,dont allow people to piss you off! It may bite you in the @#$%^&@!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just getting started with safety conversation,look forward to gaining insight from my brothers n sisters out there in biker land.I will wait for posts from you all. Hope we can have this thing grow,I have about 500 friends that ride and hope the interaction is good so I can recommend this site to them. Wait n c? hd black sheep

·
Registered
137 Posts
I always use hand signals just the basic 4. Left right stop (yes I use the hand signal for stop) and bird. I never use my horn if you have enough time to blow the horn you have enough time to react. I prefer to react then use the Bird hand signal

·
Registered
4 Posts
SAFETY TIP Stay focused at every moment. You cant brain fade when riding,so be rested and aware at ALL times! Be comfortable,for us old guys be sure to take a piss before you ride,dress warm or cool depending on weather.ask yourself this question,Will i be too hot with all my gear. If not then wear it! Then dress down from that point.Better to be slightly warm rather than chilled!NEVER be in a hurry on your bike! Your own speed is your best friend or worst enemy!
New to the forums but not to the ride. As I got a bit older, I did notice I had become too complacent. After a few close calls, a some mental kicks in the ass, I tried to remember to wake the hell up, physically and mentally. Good advice Black Sheep!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts