V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While searching the internet under "pissed", I found hand signals for "hog" riders. This would be a great tip to inform those cagers:

Click here!

PISSED OFF

Extend your left arm straight out
with your elbow bent 90 degrees.
Carefully extend your middle finger
to clearly demonstrate your
dissatisfaction with the other guy.
NOTE: It is not recommended
you do this when you are alone.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Wave

Extend your left arm out from
shoulder at 45 degrees.
Carefully extend your index and
middle fingers to clearly demonstrate
your brotherhood with another
biker.
NOTE: Slouch slightly and look
as tough as possible.

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been in a pissy mood all day. Look'n for something I can relate to, I guess. :badmood: :badmood: :badmood:

:whistle:

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Try the "extended arm/bird" when somebody cuts you off and pulls in front of you. Everybody looks in their rearview mirror to see what the reaction is when they do that. When they see that big dude on a bike flipping them the bird, they do interesting things. And I assure you, it gets their attention. Maybe next time they'll think twice.

·
Addicted to American Iron
460 Posts
Nomad55 said:
Try the "extended arm/bird" when somebody cuts you off and pulls in front of you. Everybody looks in their rearview mirror to see what the reaction is when they do that. When they see that big dude on a bike flipping them the bird, they do interesting things. And I assure you, it gets their attention. Maybe next time they'll think twice.

I agree.....I figure they just tried to kill me by being an oxygen thief so fukk'em.

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
The Math is simple.

The Math is already done.

To a person on a motorcycle, cars are a loaded gun.

BA BA BA BIRD, BIRD, BIRD....BIRD IS THE WORD.

·
Registered
5,826 Posts
jnvultraclassic said:
I don't use the bird, I let the air horns do the talking.

I'm just sayin.....

:265:

I like ball bearings....:whistle:

·
Registered
958 Posts
eprenzlow said:
Yeah, but when you throw them at the cager who just cut you off, don't they come back at you?

Get in front of the offending cager and just drop them,they'll bounce into his undercarrige,he'll slow down and you'll be gone. BB's work like a charm,,don't do it in real heavy traffic tho,you could cause a pile up.(disclaimer)

·
Registered
640 Posts
If you see me and I'm holding my hand to my head/ helmet in the "peace sign V" it would mean there are some deer like animals in the road or roadside ahead, Kinda like the hand flat and pushing down means to slow for the man ahead or maybe something else in the road to slow down for.

Besides the bird you can always wave in a friendly manner, really confuses them while they're seeing if they pissed you off. Kinda like I stop for dogs chasing me in a residential area, they stop and WTF am I supposed to do now that I caught it? Real old trick/ hint from olden riding days, none have gnawed on me yet, but be ready on the throttle and clutch.

·
Registered
729 Posts
the serious question

OK, I know that when I was working for Uncle Sam we used hand signals, but we also kept one vehicle length for every 10 MPH. However, I sometimes will get caught riding in a group and they do not have the same reaction time between bikes so by the time the fellow following gets the signal, he is already on the hazard.

Back out west, we used to move over so that the person next would see the object coming up clearly and we KEPT OUR DISTANCE. Made sense since light travels faster than the whole action (me giving a hand signal) and reaction (they then see the hazard).

Also, we did not look like some kind Mime convention on wheels.

Just a thought . . .

Anthony

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
Don't all H.O.G. members and Gold Wing owners have C.B.s and that tricky helmet mike? Why would they need signals?

·
Registered
729 Posts
I like that, but sadly not all bikes have them. Worse yet, one fellow who was proud of his 2005 Ultra spent a year and half before he realized how to use it.

As far as using the CB, heck yes that works well when the lead bike has enough distance to key up and warn the rest. I know it works for keeping about 80 bikes together when the front and rear keep each other informed of the bike spacing through the country side.

But for the folks in the middle it seems maintaining space and moving over so others can see the obstacle works better than waving. It is not like the days of military foot patrol where the lead gives the signal that indicates distance to the obstacle right?

·
Longtime Asphalt Cowboy
3,291 Posts
bobsled77 said:
ceramic from old spark plugs are my fav!
:thumbsup: My fav for years..!!!

o~\o

1 - 20 of 35 Posts