V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody purchased any of these diecast vehicles?? They pics look pretty nice but those are taken by the people who sell them...LOL I keep getting hit on my email with an old indian that looks awfully nice..... Man cave stuff
Anyone familiar with these? TY

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Walmart here sells Maisto Harley models. They rotate what models they have available but I can't figure out a pattern to it yet. One of the things my grandson and I do weekly is stop in and see if there's one he doesn't have yet. He's built up quite a collection. He likes the Harley ones for obvious reasons but he also thinks the Harley's are faster than the metrics he has. Hate to see his reaction when reality hits.

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
Walmart here sells Maisto Harley models. They rotate what models they have available but I can't figure out a pattern to it yet. One of the things my grandson and I do weekly is stop in and see if there's one he doesn't have yet. He's built up quite a collection. He likes the Harley ones for obvious reasons but he also thinks the Harley's are faster than the metrics he has. Hate to see his reaction when reality hits.
Only 2 departments at Walmart rotates their stock, meat and dairy. WM wants production on the 3rd shift therefore new stock goes in front of old stock. When in produce don't dig down for a fresh bag of potatoes as the new bag is on top.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Only 2 departments at Walmart rotates their stock, meat and dairy. WM wants production on the 3rd shift therefore new stock goes in front of old stock. When in produce don't dig down for a fresh bag of potatoes as the new bag is on top.

I've been told that most stores have the newer stock in front. The local Walmart sells out of stuff so fast just about everything is new stock. Monday and Tuesday is the worst time to go. Monday the shelves are close to bare. Tuesday is stocking day so shelves are still pretty bare with a ton of pallets sitting in the isles. Wednesday early or very late is the best time. If I happen to be bored around 11pm on a Wednesday I'll go because I can avoid the herds.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I received a 34 duesenberg that is OK... I was a bit disappointed for $130 to my door.... Waiting for the 1920 indian scout, 1/6 scale coming, and another 1/18 scale ( like the duese) of a 66 GT40 ford..... This will probably be it from Hamilton, unless these next two
are really nice...

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
I've been told that most stores have the newer stock in front. The local Walmart sells out of stuff so fast just about everything is new stock. Monday and Tuesday is the worst time to go. Monday the shelves are close to bare. Tuesday is stocking day so shelves are still pretty bare with a ton of pallets sitting in the isles. Wednesday early or very late is the best time. If I happen to be bored around 11pm on a Wednesday I'll go because I can avoid the herds.
What time do you shop? In our store pallets had to be off the floor by 6:30 so the floor crew could scrub and buff those spots. I don't know how they do it now as WM removed the waxed tiles sealed the concrete floor and an unmanned robot scrubber cleans the floors.

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
What time do you shop? In our store pallets had to be off the floor by 6:30 so the floor crew could scrub and buff those spots. I don't know how they do it now as WM removed the waxed tiles sealed the concrete floor and an unmanned robot scrubber cleans the floors.

I've been there at various times on Mon/Tues but the place is littered with pallets throughout the day on Tuesday at the local Walmart. Not sure about the other stores in surrounding towns since I don't frequent those. No robot scrubbers here that I've seen but I did run into a very annoying robot at a local grocery the other day that roams around looking for spills and assorted other things that would give an ambulance chasing attorney a stiffy. I started fuk'n with the thing by standing in front of it. It would try to go around me so I would move to block it. I have to admit I was having a pretty good time trying to get it to violate the first law of robotics. I was finally successful in getting it to give up and go whence it came.

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Should make a bitching about Walmart thread, I have a few but nothing about diecast models.
Probably should be a sticky

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
but nothing about diecast models.
And when has anything stayed on point around here for long... 'cept for may another oil thread.

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
And when has anything stayed on point around here for long... 'cept for may another oil thread.
I had 9 different models of die cast Harley's. A V rod, Sportsters and my favorite was a green Road King. I had the models, but not the real thing as I had kids to raise.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had 9 different models of die cast Harley's. A V rod, Sportsters and my favorite was a green Road King. I had the models, but not the real thing as I had kids to raise.

The Indian is due in next week... I will add some pics of it if its worth a sheeit.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts