1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
I guess that's why it's breaking records.:roflback:

http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/va/20070902/118876689100.html

"Halloween" slashes holiday box office record
Sunday September 2 2:01 PM ET

A re-imagining of the classic slasher movie "Halloween" broke the record for a new release during the U.S. Labor Day holiday weekend, according to studio estimates issued on Sunday.

The movie, directed by rock star-turned-filmmaker Rob Zombie, earned about $26.5 million since opening on Friday, easily beating the rosiest predictions.

After two weekends at No. 1, the teen comedy "Superbad" slipped to No. 2 with $12.2 million for the three-day period. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thealien said:
What did you expect from Rob Zombie??

I'm sure I would/will enjoy it. I know what to expect.
The blood and guts is one thing but the trash mouth is another. If I talked on this board like in the movie, I would be banned. There is no sense in having that type of language in a movie.

·
Banned
17,245 Posts
speaking of Halloween, I was in my local drugstore last week, still August, and the H'ween decorations were already on display. I guess that means the Xmas stuff will come out in a few weeks.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Had you ever seen House of 1000 Corpses or The Devil's Rejects before seeing this??? If so you have known what to expect from a Rob Zombie flick. Very graphic and yes very vulgar. Personally I can't wait to see RZ's take on the classic.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Edgy environment with vulgarity, extreme graphic and twisted violence with a splash of nudity are the hallmarks of a Zombie film. It can be a little much for some. I don’t think I’ll ever be the same after 1000 Corpses. I looked over to my left and some geezer had brought his seven or eight year old daughter to the Zombie Halloween re-make. Now THAT’S vulgar.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts