V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At about the 1/2 way point of the season it's pretty obvious who the contenders and pretenders are...

...but who would you call the "sleeper" this season?

I really like Chicago, I know that Cutler is up/down on any given day, but this team just seems to me to be pulling it all together at the right time.

Have you got a sleeper?

·
AXTELLERATOR
441 Posts
I didn't think at the beginning of the season that the 49ers would go anywhere, but they're surprising me. My game for tomorrow is steelers - pats. The Pats secondary is very suspect and Belichick just let go the No. 1 cornerback Leigh Bodden. So, I think Ben Roethlisberger is going to be throwing all over the place. And with Brady doing the same thing, should be an active game.

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,765 Posts
I'm a 40 year fan; so, maybe, a bit biased- but... Cowboys. It depends on how they play tomorrow (at Eagles). They may've found a running back, and I think (hope) Jason Garrett will work hard to keep Romo's focus. Rob Ryan's doing a fine job with the defense.

My pre-season prediction was a 9-7 record, but they could top that- depending on Romo.

NFC East games are almost always entertaining though, either way.

It's interesting that the NFL Channel guys are talking about Detroit fading out from here on.

And, finally, what a bummer that the season's already 1/2 over.

joe

·
Registered
22,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm a 40 year fan; so, maybe, a bit biased- but... Cowboys. It depends on how they play tomorrow (at Eagles).
Or....maybe it's just back to the drawing board...yeooouch.

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,765 Posts
Or....maybe it's just back to the drawing board...yeooouch.
I was happy Cowboys didn't look like Wade's Keystone Kops; but, DAYUM, the Eagles dismantled 'em.

joe

·
Banned
9,436 Posts
I think all other teams will be dismantled by the Packers. Their efficiency is clinical. I don't know that much about throwing a football, but am constantly amazed by Rogers' accuracy, velocity, and when necessary, ability to loft the ball. There are many other good QBs, but he's unreal.

BTW, the Saints are pretenders. My sad sack Rams demonstrated that yesterday. Cowboys? They don't even rate pretender status. They're bottom feeders with pretensions like Washington. That sucking sound is both WA and big D going down the tubes.

That NFC south is a tough division with TB, NO, ATL, and wild ass but dangerous Carolina with Cam Newton.

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,765 Posts
I'd like to see Pack vs Monday night's Eagles. In the SB, no AFC needed.

joe

·
Registered
22,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Tonight will be a good test to see if Chicago can make a run in the 2nd half. Monday night against an overrated (IMO) Eagles team is a good place to stake out a claim for the NFC North Wild Card (assuming GB is going to win the Division).

PS. NEVER, never place a bet based on DJW's predictions, I couldn't pick win, place, or show in a one-horse race....in fact by betting the opposite...okay, don't take that bet either. :rolleyes:

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,765 Posts
That was a pretty good game, especially sinc the Eagles lost.

I don't understand why Denver's teenaged coach was so anxious to unload Cutler.

joe

·
Registered
22,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I really like Chicago, I know that Cutler is up/down on any given day, but this team just seems to me to be pulling it all together at the right time.
Crap. Reportedly Cutler is out for the rest of the season with a broken thumb.

He had a hell of game against the Chargers too. Bummer. :(

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,765 Posts
Crap. Reportedly Cutler is out for the rest of the season with a broken thumb.

He had a hell of game against the Chargers too. Bummer. :(

I've ben enjoying watching him play. +1 on the bummer.

On a happier note, Cowboys are tied for their division lead now.

joe

1 - 12 of 12 Posts