V-Twin Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts
Hey...

Any Canadians (Ontario) who has a shorty carbon fiber DOT helmet from http://www.carbonfiberhelmets.com/dot.htm

If so, I want to know if the police has ever caused you any grief :nunu:

My understanding is that they are very strict around here and may not believe the DOT label especially since it's low profile. Do they ship to Canada?

Thanks in advance for the the info :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Peter

I have a DOT full face helmet, a DOT half helmet, and a beenie. Full face was annoying to carry around when not on the bike and they visor scratched way too easy. The half helmet just caught way too much wind, pulled my head back. After 30 minutes riding, I would get neck cramps. Beenie is just right in looks and comfort, but I wish it had better protection. Its got the same protective properties as a paper cup. The carbon fiber helmets look pretty cool but I prefer Polo style helmets, and they don't have a DOT version. Never really liked the look of helmets with snap on visors. :-( If they had a DOT Polo style, I'd buy one in a heart beat.

roswell said:
Wow, sorry that showed up so big....I jsut stole the image from the Iron Horse Helmets website, but it did not look so big on their site.
You know you can edit your post and shrink the image.

We all have opinions

Zartoff,

MSF also teaches that we all have different levels of risk tolerance. If you were really interested in wearing the safest gear you'd be wearing full face helmet with racing leathers with armored gloves and boots to match.

To a certain extent we all dress for the ride not the crash, its a personal decsion we all make for ourselves. BTW I wear 1/2 & 3/4 most of the time with a full face when its cold out. I like the carbon fiber helmets (few of my pals wear 'em) but the mushroom ones work better with the intercom set up on my bagger. My .02

Joe

whew those carbonfiber helmets are nice,but pricey.....i guess you get what you pay for though...i got 2 "el-cheapo" half helmets off ebay and talk about mushroomhead! anyone know where to geta good d.o.t half or beanie @ a semi-reasonable price? spent all my $$ on the street-bob

I've been running a white HJC half helmet for some time now and love it.
I talked the manager of a local indy shop to sell it to me at a great discount compared to a black one. It was last white helmet in stock and had been on the shelf for a while. A couple of things I've noticed - when on poker runs or Live Rides etc, friends can pick me out of a sea of black beanies real quick. Also when having to lane split in California freeways - motorist see a white cop helmet and headlight in rear view mirror and pull over to the left to create a nice lane for me. It has removable leather ear flaps which I wear 95% of the time. It help blocks wind noise. I has 3 front snaps so I put on a flip up clear face shield which works great. No problem with wind catching helmet with face shield down.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.