V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a bunch of stuff (~$500) from Hale's HD (http://www.haleshd.com/; offers 20% off phone orders).

These f*cks have no shortage of attitude, certainly no less than the incompetent f*cks at Chicago HD (or any other boutique for that matter). Interestingly, I enjoy taking crap from five-seven dollar an hour motherfuckers :D :D :D

We'll see if they get my order right (Chicago HD certainly is attention span limited). If not, you'll hear about it (ahhboot eet, for you canucks;) ),

wyodude

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
That is pretty funny.....

It is a shame that people in this little segment of the market place are so arrogant and disrespecful. there are a few good ones out there but it sure seems that they are few and far between anymore....

But as long as they exist...I will find them and give them my business...When it comes to spending $$$ sometimes the best defense is a good offense. I am learning how to "power shop" from my OL....only I am applying the technique to searching out respectible and courteous suppliers...

B. Dog

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
When you call Hale's ask to speak to a lady by name of Jenny Sapyta. She knows what she is doing.

Most any dealer has one guy that knows what they are doing, the trick is to find them. It's getting harder, all the good ones are quitting.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Never tried Hale's, but would agree Chicago Harley is a challenge. I ordered maybe 30 items (lot's of chrome ****, switch gear, cables, bolts, forks, docking stations, etel etal). Ultimately they got it about 90% right. Took several calls though. I think the way to order from them is to call and verify they have it in stock. They aren't good with follow up, and don't focus well on E mail messages, even when making internet orders. At the end of the day, I saved over 25% so it was worth it, but in the future I will make sure they have it in stock and I don't need it immediately,

One thing though, they were fiendly and courteous on the phone. I will use them again, carefully.

greg

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Had to cancel an Order at Chiciago Harley becuase is was taking them so long to get my stuff in stock.

Dude said it was cool, that it happens all the time:(

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Agree with Hippo. I've ordered a bunch of stuff over the years from Jenny at Hale's HD. Never had a problem and there is no attitude with her. You DO need to have parts #'s when you call.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hippo, Ed Y,

Thanks for the connection. Maybe they were just busy and maybe I need to check my own attitude.

wyodude

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've never had a problem with Hale's and Ms. Sapyta. She's all business and seems to be going 100mph all the time so have some part #'s when you call.

Does make you wonder why our local dealers ( Ben Dover Harley-Davidson) are becoming millionaires and you have to call out to Ohio to get a good deal though. Maybe the local dealers are the ones we should be pissed at? I don't need to shop in a half million dollar building full of $50 shirts to get my bike parts, do any of us?

Jim H.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Hales has been great to me and my friends especially Jenny. Even with returns...just so the packaging is ok to re-sell to someone, they don't care. Hales also gives you a 20% discount for all items, just not HD.
Maybe you just experienced one of those "twilight zone" days. :D

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Avoid Hales HD for online sales

I have previously recommended Hales HD in Mansfield OH for online sales. Over the past 10 years I have spent a bit over $3,000 there on parts and motorclothes with good results. I remember the Jenny referred to in the ten year old posts above. She must be gone now.

I won't be doing business with them again. I hope none of you do either.

I ordered a seat last week. I installed it, sat on it, and it was clearly not going to work. I called to get an RMA to return it and was told that they don't exchange seats.

The rather snotty parts guy told me that the paperwork with the seat indicates that they do not exchange seats, but of course one must purchase a seat and have it delivered to learn as much.

That logic seemed to be lost on him. It seemed more important for them to be rude and indignant that I would want to return.

They did tell me if I drove it back up there (they would not agree to let me ship it) they would exchange it for another seat, and only a seat, no other type of store credit or refund. Of course one mail orders because the place is too far to drive.

I was told the owner would call me later than day. It's no surprise I've not heard from him. They won't hear from me either.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Nothing on their website about it....

Returns and Exchanges

General: All returns must be postmarked no later than 30 days from the original customer shipment date. Returns and exchanges must be in new condition and must include all instructions and original packing material. Customer pays all return shipping charges. Include a copy of your packing list with all returns.

Original shipping and handling charges are not refundable. Returns must be preauthorized by us and are subject to a 20% re-stocking fee. These amounts will be deducted from the original amount billed and the remaining balance will be credited to the original credit card.

Incorrect Item: If you received an incorrect item no extra charges will be incurred. We will replace incorrect items and pay the additional shipping charge.

Incorrect Size: No charge for exchange. We will exchange customer orders that do not fit, if the customer requests the same item in a different size. Customer pays all shipping charges.

Return Shipping Instructions: Insure shipment for full value of purchase. Use original packaging. We are not responsible for packages lost during return shipping.

Return/Exchange Instructions: Enclose a copy of your packing list or E-mail Invoice along with detailed return/exchange instructions.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts