V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone here have a positive/negative experience with Hale's in Ohio?...how is their reputation regarding bike sales??.. i see they are highly recommended as a place to buy parts, but couldnt find any feedback on bike sales...

anyone gonna be at hale's over the weekend or next week??...the reason i ask is they have a used electra glide classic for sale...if someone is gonna be there maybe they could look it over for me....hope this is ok to ask??

thanks and happy new year
willie

i posted this same thread in a different forum...hopefully no one is offended...

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Hale's

Hey bought my 05 Fatboy at Hale's. Very nice to work with and gave me the best deal in NE Ohio. It's about 65 miles one way to their shop from my house and well worth the drive.

·
Liberal Slayer
212 Posts
I used Hale's several times over the past few years for parts and they were great. The parts person (Jenny) really knew what she was doing and made purchasing from Hale's over the phone real easy. Plus the %20 off parts was great.

HOWEVER,,,,Jenny had since left Hale's and went to another HD dealership. Now that she had left, Hale's has screwed up my orders several times and I ended up canceling my last order. They even sent me a second leather jacket one time after I already received the first ones a few weeks earlier.

I use Zanotti HD now. Their online website and phone orders are easy. Most importantly, they are %20 off.

If you want info on dealers for bikes, use this http://www.stealer-dealer.com/sd.htm

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
trackstar55 said:
Jenny had since left Hale's and went to another HD dealership.
Jenny works for Benjy's HD in W VA. Same 20% off deal, same great service.

I know Jenny is very appreciative of people who bring their business to Benjy's in order to get her knowledgeable help.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
I haven't used Hales to purchase a bike. I've used ben Breece HD in Ottawa, Ohio. they always sell at msrp and have free freight and set up. sometimes in the winter they have some deals. not an answer to your question, but an option.

good luck and ride safe, when weather permits.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I've used Hale's several times before and after Jenny quit. No problems with any orders to date.

·
Registered
5,460 Posts

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
boze_man said:
anyone here have a positive/negative experience with Hale's in Ohio?...how is their reputation regarding bike sales??.. i see they are highly recommended as a place to buy parts, but couldnt find any feedback on bike sales...

anyone gonna be at hale's over the weekend or next week??...the reason i ask is they have a used electra glide classic for sale...if someone is gonna be there maybe they could look it over for me....hope this is ok to ask??

thanks and happy new year
willie

i posted this same thread in a different forum...hopefully no one is offended...
I think we got off track here. he needs help knowng if anyone has bought a bike from them.

·
Registered
60 Posts
My girlfriend bought her first bike from them last year (a 2004 883 Sportster Custom). She bought it when the 2005s were coming in and got about $700 off (not bad for a Sportster). Overall, she is very happy with them and in my opinion, they are one of the best dealers around (price wise and service wise). For a year after my girlfriend bought her bike, she received coupons for every holiday ($10 off coupons) and received several gifts (i.e. a beer cooler) for her birthday and anniversary. She also received a free rental coupon.

A friend of mine bought two bikes from Hales and they were the only dealer (that he had talked to) to give a discount ($1500 off a Fatboy and Sportster). No other dealers were willing to negotiate.

FYI - I noticed last year they were selling the Screamin Eagle Fatboy for $1,000 less than all the other dealers. At one point, I think they were selling it for $2,000 less than all the other dealers.

I just ordered a service catalog online and received it the next day...

While I live in Cleveland, I plan on purchasing any future bikes/parts from Hales.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Yes, I have dealt with Jenny when she was at Hales HD in Ohio.
Didn't know she was at Benjy's in WVA. I will call her, she definately
is the greatest in people skills.
Zanottis is near Butler Pa from what I gather and near New Castle PA
right on.. I go by there on 224 all the time. didn't know about 20%.
Whats the deal on MSRP at Zanottis??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks all for the feedback, but unfortunately the bike has been sold...

i will continue my search...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts