V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning fellas

I had Yankee Bob drop by yesterday, he was in town for a wedding . I let him take the 124 for a ride and he cam back ALL smiles, mumbling something about the tire spinning at 60mph not really sure. HIs son ( 18 or so) spoke up telling me that he too had a lic, Yea I was really thinking about letting him ride it .... YEA RIGHT I smiled and said well HE!! no you cant ride it. LOL

Nice guy .

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WAS funny Bob, is not the tallest guy and that bike is rakes a bit, and I know it will pull my legs off the pegs ans since he could barley reach them, I have to thinkit was one wild ride, he did get into it, he said 5 grand was as far as he took it, with eyes watering when he cam back I asked how fast ,.. his response with a big grin I did nto want to look!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I am getting jealous.....maybe I will take a trip to PHX soon...after all I do owe you copious amounts of malted refreshment.

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Moving NORTH on monday will have new site up and running and new contact numbers as well. But yes you are always welcome to ride it, by then it will be blacked out and have the new billet heads 675 cam more compression 13.1 range and I hope to see 180 hp!! P.S. will have to be a diet soda as I no longer drink.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
Will you be providing diapers and new,extra long sleeve t-shirts with a test drive? You will have to put a seatbelt on it soon.......

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Perhaps I should also go with the Soda route since I retired from Uncle Sam's Canoe Club in the last 2 months I have probaly only drank maybe 6 beers, and to be honest I have not missed the beer. Besides I need to come over there and put my foot in a certain young mans A$$, he got dropped outta school back in August due to his granfather's death (he missed close to two weeks of school) and he has not bothered to go back. Kids these days...what you gonna do????

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
When I come over there we can go over there together, he now lives in Glendale so it would be a nice little ride...maybe we can go by way of Sedona or Jerome....LOL

·
Average Dude
6,263 Posts
Yes.....I was indeed all grins. That bike is one mean mfer! I have never ridden a bike with as much ass kickin' grunt as that...and honestly, I was a bit intimidated...not to mention, IT ISN'T MY BIKE!!
I twisted the grip a bit and that tire broke loose before I knew it. It has that "pull your arm out of its socket" pull.

Steve is one hell of a nice guy, and I am glad I chose to do business with him. He went above and beyond the call of duty to help me put my build together. Thats why I went to visit him personally. To thank him and shake his hand.

Many thanks Steve! That was one hell of a ride!

YB

·
Average Dude
6,263 Posts
Got home about 3 am this morning (took the red eye).
I had 2 boxes of goodies upon arrival!! WooHoo!

Thanks Steve!

I'll be in touch soon

YB

·
OBSESSED
1,072 Posts
Hey YB

Nice lookin jugs in one of those boxes! Waitin to get mine back from diamond cutting. I have a place in Weare lot of nice ridin in your area. Went to R&R's
shop a couple of weeks ago and talk to Reggie Sr. Impressive guy. When I finish my build thinking of having them dyno it. Any comments you have on their work? Good luck on your build I know how much I'm lookin forward to doin mine.

Dave

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
faststandard said:
Wrench-

Did you finally make up your mind to come back to Michigan. I know you were leaning that way last time we talked.
He isn't coming back to Michigan. Think he is going to Prescott. AZ.

·
Ghetto Blaster
3,768 Posts
prescott

Then if that's true, you'll be neighbors of Tim Doherty of Doherty Machine (power vent and powerpacc ) fame...but then you probably already knew that.....He usta live in so. cal. sorta near me.

·
Average Dude
6,263 Posts
DRG said:
Hey YB

Nice lookin jugs in one of those boxes! Waitin to get mine back from diamond cutting. I have a place in Weare lot of nice ridin in your area. Went to R&R's
shop a couple of weeks ago and talk to Reggie Sr. Impressive guy. When I finish my build thinking of having them dyno it. Any comments you have on their work? Good luck on your build I know how much I'm lookin forward to doin mine.

Dave
I don't have any personal experience with them. I have heard good things, but nothing I can attest to.

Good Luck,

YB

·
OBSESSED
1,072 Posts
Thanks for the reply YB.
When I get my bike dynoed there I'll let you know how they did.

Dave

·
Registered
66 Posts
DRG,

I'm having a 95" Stage 5 engine upgrade done on my FatBoy from R&R Cycle now. As soon as I get it back from them I'll post the results. They stated that it should put out approx 115 TQ and 115 HP. The build is done, but they need to do a road test, so it may be a while considering that mother nature is getting in they way.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
FatboyNH said:
DRG,

I'm having a 95" Stage 5 engine upgrade done on my FatBoy from R&R Cycle now. As soon as I get it back from them I'll post the results. They stated that it should put out approx 115 TQ and 115 HP. The build is done, but they need to do a road test, so it may be a while considering that mother nature is getting in they way.
115/115 on a 95" build? I think that is a bit of wishful thinking, but I hope you get what you are looking for. What all parts did you use i.e. cam, heads, etc?

·
OBSESSED
1,072 Posts
Thanks FBNH,

Grock recommended them to me a while ago. Those are pretty impressive
#'s. Good Luck!!!!!

Dave

1 - 20 of 27 Posts