V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted most of this on another forum when it dawned on me that this was the better spot. Anyhow, my wife is the new 2003 LOH coordinator for our local chapter and would love some ideas from other Harley involved ladies. She would like to start some weekend meetings for direction finding for the year and thought our cold and snowy winter might be a good time to get people together even if they couldn't ride. Anybody else doing this? Any method work better than others? What about later in the year, any themes that seem to show interest for rides, lunches, shows, or other activities? While the current venue seems to be that the ladies just tag along with the guys, she was so hoping that LOH could also stand alone for fun stuff. All thoughts gratefully received!
I will also be glad when she signs up for her own membership here.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
When I was in HOG in Germany, since I missed the voting meeting, my "buddies" thought it would be a great idea to enter me for LOH coordinator. Funny thing is, I almost won :)

·
Registered
659 Posts
On behalf of my wife :) - here are some of the things our chapter does:
1) they have a loh rep (which you already have obviously)
2) play hooky tuesdays - every other tuesday the ladies play hooky and take off from work for a ride, lunch etc.
3) dealership hosts loh special evenings at the dealer (wine and cheese, everything in the shop discounted 10%, etc.)
4) they set up weeknight visits at a central site
5) some weekend trips the guys and girls split up for the ride to a central spot, then we lunch together and drive back as a group

Also, we have a winter get together in the form of a dance with a dj, dinner etc. - we sell tickets through our newsletter and dealer advertising, always a great turnout.

Hope this helps
BigG

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, That does help. Up to now the Ladies sponsored a women's bike show, a whole group poker run, and a health fair as activities through the year. Wonder how those hooky ladies keep their jobs?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Well - some of 'em don't work (must be nice) and the rest don't show up for every ride - but on average they all seem to get out several time each season.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
We have over 500 members now, but you only see about 200-300 for one or two rides a year, still the active "50-70" are pretty great people, the others I have no ideal why they are members :rolleyes:

·
Registered
99 Posts
I am a new member of H.O.G., and I plan to meet at my local chapter with the LOH. Can you reiterate about the type of health fair? I need to get up with the group and hope to gather a women’s bike show. Great idea!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Health Fair was a benefit for "Every Woman Matters", I think. They had a big bake sale, games, representatives about riding, women's health, everyone's health mental and physical, suppliments, some things for kids (big wheel races, and face painting, and big wheel tactor pull) there were displays and a blood mobile. Lots of volunteers and involvement. After all said and done a $1200 check for the charity.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thanks for the Health Fair information and I will definitely keep it in mind. I guess you could call me a health nut. I exercise with weights so I can have the strength to handle a motorcycle. I still can't pick one up. Ha! Ha!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts